Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 1:00:36 PM EDT
Kimber DET-1 or Kimber TLE w/rail?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither... find yourself a good Series 1 Classic Custom, throw a set of Heinie Slant-Pros w/inserts in it, and call it good. I’m not a fan of the Series 2 hogwash or the pointless external extractors found on the new guns. But I guess if I had to choose the DET-1 or TLE it would be the TLE.... but no light rail.

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Det 1
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Very hard choice. I LOVE my new TLE/RL. Absolutely LOVE it. However, the DET-1 is sweet as well.

I think this is the FIRST time I have ever posted this on here, but, in this case, get both. As soon as I have my standard TLE out of layaway, I'll be working on getting/doing a DET-1.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Lightfighter.com has a group buy for the DET-1. I'm probably just going to go ahead and get the DET-1. Who knows when a DET-1 will come available again. I'll just set my sights on getting the TLE next year.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:19:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Neither... find yourself a good Series 1 Classic Custom, throw a set of Heinie Slant-Pros w/inserts in it, and call it good. I’m not a fan of the Series 2 hogwash or the pointless external extractors found on the new guns.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
"I’m not a fan of the Series 2 hogwash..."

If this is the same gun the Marines are using, it is a series 1.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Never mind.  I just read the other thread, where it says the commercial version is series 2.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I've made up my mind to go ahead and jump on the DET-1 group buy. I can always pick up a Kimber TLE next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top