Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2003 7:05:56 AM EDT
I have owned one of these little pistols for a couple of years new and the more I shoot it, the more I like it.  I like the fit and finish and it is dead on accurate.  I have noticed that the whole thing is put together with roll pins but so is an AR.  The long slide keeps muzzle jump to a minimum and target acquisition(sp?) is quick.
Anyone have anything to add?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I love mine ....could very well be the most under-rated pistol out there....I can say for sure that it could very well be the most accurate and sweet shooting pistol I have fired , and yes I have trigger time on all the usual suspects (glock , sig ,h&k , kimber , browning , berretta etc.....)

16 round high caps are still pretty cheap (reminds me , I need to get some more)the gun itself is very inexpensive , the trigger is greatjust cannot say enough good things ....as said above , every time I shoot it , I like it even more...

Just yesterday , I shot over 300 rounds rapid fire at 25 yards , was getting good critical hits all day and it worked and worked without a hitch....

t
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot a baby eagle in .40 a few years ago, and from what I remember, it was a very sweet handgun.  I haven't even SEEN one since then.

I think it's pretty similar to my next gun, the CZ75B, isn't it?

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow other Baby DE owners, I'm with you guys. I like my BDE better than my 92fs. I just wish i could get one single action. Ran mine through a ransom(sp) rest one day at the range, with some 124gr speer GD at 25yd. you could cover the group with a quarter. Now if only i could do that with the gun in my hand.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I had good things to say about my compact .40 Baby Eagle for a few years.   I've had it out to the range about 4 or 5 times.  When I took it out last I discovered the tip of the firing pin had broken.

I emailed MRI to inquire about buying a new firing pin, and they said I had to send the gun in, since it was a fitted part. And they said they would not ship it back to me, but only to my dealer.

These may be OK guns but I have stopped recommending them after this.  Screw MRI.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:13:29 AM EDT
[#5]
So do any of you use yer BE as a CCW gun? just wondering. If you do what type of holster do you use.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had good things to say about my compact .40 Baby Eagle for a few years.   I've had it out to the range about 4 or 5 times.  When I took it out last I discovered the tip of the firing pin had broken.

I emailed MRI to inquire about buying a new firing pin, and they said I had to send the gun in, since it was a fitted part. And they said they would not ship it back to me, but only to my dealer.

These may be OK guns but I have stopped recommending them after this.  Screw MRI.

I just ripped apart my fulsize 9mm BDE yesterday because it got used and abused at the range, covered in mud and it still ran 100%. Back to the topic here though, I pulled my fireing pin myself, I do it every 1000 or so rounds to check it, clean out every thing. I don't see how it could be a fitted part. But than again I don't own a compact in .40 so it could be different.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to own a Desert Eagle .44

I bought it new. Neither I or anyone else that shot it could hit the paper at 50 feet(Even Benched). I had constant FTF,FTE,stovepipes. The slide would go forward whenever I changed the mag.The safety lever screws loosened up after 20 rounds and fell down to the safe position and had to be retightened everytime. I sent it back to the factory to have the slide catch made bigger and have the gun looked over. I got it back and still had problems, so I put it on consignment at the local gunshop. The guy that bought it sent it back to the factory two times then got rid of it. Desert Eagles don't hold any value either. I paid $1100.00 new and sold it for $650 three years later. Glad to be rid of that POS!

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I used to own a Desert Eagle .44

I bought it new. Neither I or anyone else that shot it could hit the paper at 50 feet(Even Benched). I had constant FTF,FTE,stovepipes. The slide would go forward whenever I changed the mag.The safety lever screws loosened up after 20 rounds and fell down to the safe position and had to be retightened everytime. I sent it back to the factory to have the slide catch made bigger and have the gun looked over. I got it back and still had problems, so I put it on consignment at the local gunshop. The guy that bought it sent it back to the factory two times then got rid of it. Desert Eagles don't hold any value either. I paid $1100.00 new and sold it for $650 three years later. Glad to be rid of that POS!

I know how you feel the first P22 i bought was a total POS, I had no windage adjustment left and at 25 yards that gun was still shooting 2ft left. I sent it back to S&W as they take care of the walther stuff. Took a bit and a few phone calls before it came back. The guy I was talking to tells me well the gun is messed up bad it should not have even left the factory.  So were sending you a new one. And that they did. I still have issues with the 5in barreled P22. It's to bad you had a bad experianc with that .44DE, I've only shot one fullsized DE and that was a .50AE yah that was fun but i have no need for a .50 cal handgun. the key word of course being need, I want one though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I love mine ....could very well be the most under-rated pistol out there....I can say for sure that it could very well be the most accurate and sweet shooting pistol I have fired , and yes I have trigger time on all the usual suspects (glock , sig ,h&k , kimber , browning , berretta etc.....)

16 round high caps are still pretty cheap (reminds me , I need to get some more)the gun itself is very inexpensive , the trigger is greatjust cannot say enough good things ....as said above , every time I shoot it , I like it even more...

Just yesterday , I shot over 300 rounds rapid fire at 25 yards , was getting good critical hits all day and it worked and worked without a hitch....

t

What are you paying for the 16rd mags, the last one I picked up wer $39.99(CDNN) a peice, beats the $79.00(stainless) or $59.00 for factory beretta hi-caps.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]
The new SP-21s look very cool. I have some on the EE. I haven't shot one yet because I need to sell some to keep one. They look to be much improved BEs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't really think there is a whole lot to be improved upon on the BDE, besides maybe a little something on the front of the slide to give some grip, when checking the chamber or clearing a jam** or mis feed or something. That would be nice.

**damn I had to say that, now I'll actually have a jam, and it's going to be while running a course this weekend I just know it!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I have heard horror stories about the big bore Magnum Research pistols.  I dude at work said his 50 caliber shoots two foot groups at 20 feet.  He is not the first one I have heard of such tales of the hand cannon.

I was going to mention the 9mm seems to fit great in my hand.  The grip feels right.

Magazines:  Do not try this because I said it is so!!  I have heard but can not verify that CZ75 magazines will work in the Baby Eagle.  I posted the question at pistolsmith.com a few months ago and got no response as to the validity of that claim.  It would be good if it was so because the CZ mags are normally a good deal cheaper than factory Baby Eagle mags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:01:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I've heard the same thing about CZ mags in the BDE, I don't see why they would not work the BDE is based off of the CZ75, but I do know the internals and such are different so it might not work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey guys, have owned a Baby Eaglet in 40 S&W for a while now...have carried it as a backup but it gets heavy after 10 hours of hopping in and out of cars, readjusting the vest...etc...lol.  The CZ mags will work...they just hang a little lower than the end of the grip...I know, because I screwed one of the stock ones up and had to qualify with her one morning.  I've never had a jam or misfeed and besides my Kimber, it's the most accurate handgun in my arsenal.   Take Care
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been thinking of picking up another in compact, maybe a polymer one, to use as a carry gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:53:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I agree with photoman and think that one of the few things I would change on my BE is the addition of front slide serrations.....i have also given thought to re-finishing it , but that is purely cosmetic....

I tried CZ mags for fit in mine and yes the did hang out the bottom of the mag well , but they also failed to keep the slide locked back...the high caps I did get say that they will function in CZ knockoffs by Tanfoglio (TZ) and by Springfield (now discontinued).....

one last gipe ...hard times finding holsters for it , I am currenly using a Bianchi Accumaold designed for the H&K USP.....

t
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
mk_ultra- thats been my rpoblem too, can't really find a holster for it. I have a drop holster that it fits into rather well, and I use it when we get together and run tac matches. But i'd like to be able to carry it next winter and with the exception of a few uncle mikes shoulder holsters there really is nothing.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Fobus has a couple of holsters specifically for the Jericho/Baby Eagle.  I was pretty surprised to see them in my local gun shop.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I had the baby eagle compact polymer in a .40.  Never had any problems with it wasnt a very comfortable carry gun for me so I sold it and bought a glock 27.  Do any of you guys have a baby eagle in a .45.  I would like to pick up a full size .45 sometime down the road.  Are they as reliable as the 9mm and .40's?  The only thing that I would change on these guns would be a frame mounted saftey.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]
They've seen some serious use by some serious users too

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Where was that pic taken from ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Its an Israeli Police Officer.

www.isayeret.com
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]
So do any of you guys run comps with your BDE?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top