Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/28/2003 10:25:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2003 10:26:05 AM EDT by LRGunner]
Does anyone here own a Beretta Cougar 8045 single stack .45 ACP? If so, what are your opinions on it in terms of controllability, feel, value,reliability, etc.? Is it a good carry piece? A friend of mine is considering a purchase and wants some owner views. Thanks . -Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:54:35 AM EDT
I have one that is a daily carry pistol..I love mine.

Great accuracy, great control and reliablity.

I think it's a over-looked .45. I have never had a faliure that was the guns fault. Only one and that was ammo related. The grip is a bit big for small hands, but not that much.

It is a heavy gun when loaded, but that does not bother me. It has low recoil because of the rotating barrel. There are alot of great carry holsters out there for it, I really like the Don Hume leather I got.

One thing I really like is the mags. They are extra-heavy duty, thick walled and solid.

I really like mine alot and have forsaken other pistols, a P228, P225, P99 for it....

Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:01:51 PM EDT
I've shot them but I don't like their balance. They seem to be too bulky/blocky to wear the name "Berretta".

I'd use a different .45 if it were me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:47:38 AM EDT
Thanks for all the input, I will relay the info along.He plans to rent one at a range sometime in the near future, which will probably sway the balance.
Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:55:26 AM EDT
I have to disagree with Bob, (sorry Bob-). I have owned at least 7 different Berettas, all 92F's of different configs, and it is no bulkier or blockier than a 92F...with for me is not a problem.

I'm a big guy and I like fullsize or near fullsize carry guns...hell I use to carry a 92F concealed....

If he can rent one, then he needs to...he will like it...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 11:43:45 AM EDT
controllability.....A
feel.....A
value.....B
reliability.....A
Is it a good carry piece? It depends on the individual. It is a full size pistol (though Beretta calls it a medium frame). I'm about 200 lbs and have no problems. But a smaller person might have trouble with concealment.
Top Top