Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 10:59:57 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience with these?  Is the factory spring still reliable?  They're only $12 a pair at Brownell's and was wondering if it's worth it.  TIA
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#1]
the arredondo basepads are better. Very popular for competition. They make a +0, +3, and +5.

Arredondo
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have been using the Scherer +2's on my G26 mags for about three years now.  Have not had a single problem to date.  In fact, they work just as reliably as my factory LE high cap.

Dave
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:59:05 AM EDT
[#3]
They work fine, just don't drop the mag with one installed.  They like to break.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You are looking to use these for competition or carry? IMO the trade off for a carry gun is not worth the addition of two more rounds to the gun. None of the extensions lock onto the mag body nearly as securely as the later Glock floorplates, and even the earlier stock floorplates are pretty secure because of the low profile. A hard slam can dislodge any of the add-a-round type floorplates as you seat the mag, and I have personally seen several come loose from friction as officers using open carry got up from booths in restaurants or out of car seats. This is not a good thing if your life depends on your equipment.

For competition, Yar1182 is correct, the Arredondo bases are of higher quality
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#5]
As stated above, I have had the +2 extensions on two of my mags for 3 years now.  They are locked on the bottom of the mag just as securely (if not more so) than the factory floor plates they replaced.  I have carried them in concealed holsters (vest mounted on duty, IWB off duty) for three years and have never had one come loose from seating a mag or get pulled loose by friction.

They have also never failed, broken, or fallen off at the range.  My mags have been dropped on concrete, stone, dirt, and grass.  They have been ejected on the run and stepped on (by me and others).  I have put 1000's of rounds through these mags and never had a failure related to the extensions.

Maybe I got lucky and got a good set, I don't know.  I do know that I like the added peace of mind that only extra ammo can bring. Even if it is only two rounds.

Dave
(edited cause I can't spell when tired)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top