Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 11:31:12 AM EDT
I saw one of these 1911a1's yesterday. I liked what I saw as it looked and felt like a solid, reliable, very basic "Gi Issue" m1911a1.

The fit and the dark green Phosphate finish was nicely done. The trigger was respectable, and I wasn't expecting Les Baer or Kimber quality anyway.

Does anyone have a good or bad opinion of these Pistols? This is the first I've seen of them and for $379.99 I'm afraid that the price is a factor of quality not the entry level simplicity of the pistol.

TIA

Rob
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I looked at them and the LLama's before I bought my current pistol--springfield armory mil-spec. My advice save up a couple dollars and buy the mil-spec. People that have Kimbers and other higher dollar trash love my pistol. It is tight and well made and springfield stands behind it. Also you can get the loaded coupon, that gives you BIG cuts on accesories--like mags.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 1911a2 it has a wide frame and takes double stack mags will accept para p14 15 round mags. I have fired about 250 rounds through blazer, 3d ammo, winchester, federal, & reman. lead round nose never a hitch ran all the ammo worked perfectly and is right on mine has the novak low sights I love it I have read up on them and all that have them think their great. Sarco has great things to say about them trigger is consistant 5 pound pull the gun is awesome and shoots just as good as all the other stuff out there you just pay to have there fancy name on the side. You can't go wrong excellent gun great price and all the mil spec parts interchange.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I've heard they are about on a par with the Norinco 1911's, kind of rough out of the box but basically solid, and a good platform to build on.  They're from the Phillipines, probably made right alongside the Charles Daly, Armscor, et al.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you been to www.1911forum.com?

They have very few bad things to say about the Philippine made .45s. Especally the milspec ones. For some odd reason, the more fancy features the Filipinos add to their work, the more the quality seems to decline. The GI spec Rock Island's have the best reputation, the high end Charles Daleys seem to have the most complaints written about them, and are the ones most often sent back for warrenty work.

www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52287&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54487

www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52925

www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44259&perpage=25&pagenumber=2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top