Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2005 6:32:24 PM EDT
My local toystore has a used Les Baer Thunder Ranch with what appears to be a parkerized finish.  The clerk claims that the pistol was manufactured in late 2004.  It includes lo-pro night sights, front strap at 30 lpi and cheap looking plastic grips.

Is anyone familiar with a TR with a parkerized finish?  Was a combat grade TR made?  Any thoughts on what it should reasonably sell for?  It looks like it has got a few hundred rounds through it.  They are asking $1,300.

All opinions welcome.  I have a serious case of the wants for this thing.

SVEN
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If you inspect it and everything looks good, I say go for it. I know a guy with 35k rounds through a Baer TR Special, and everything is still original and it works fine. He only ever had to replace springs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at one at the Cheaper Than Dirt retail store yesterday and it had a shiny finish?

R.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was looking at one at the Cheaper Than Dirt retail store yesterday and it had a shiny finish?

R.

Chrome?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#5]
If I ever see a used TRS around here, I'm buying it without a second thought.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's a great gun at a fair price. Snatch it up.

Wise man. What he said.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

Chrome?

Not that shiny - Blue.  It had that real deep blue like the new Thunder Ranch .44 Mag.

R.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top