Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:26:48 PM EDT
Can anybody tell me how accurate there Operator is? Mine won't shoot under 6" at 25 yards. I am really disappointed in the preformance of this pistol. Can you guys maybe tell me what ammo you are using or make some other suggestions. I shot Winchester factory ball ammo and some reloads but neither shot worth a hoot. Any ideas?
Tim
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, keep trying different ammo. Winchester white box isn't known for great accuracy although 6" seems to be a bit extreme. I like PMC for cheap accurate shooting. Remington UMC should give better accuracy as well, IMO.

Forgive me for asking, but have you done the obvious things such as clean the hell out of the gun & oil the shit out of it? New 1911s seem to prefer a lot of oil in order to run smooth, IMO.

Have you had other shooters try the gun as well????? I've had guys shoot a gun & couldn;t hit shit & I shot it like Rob Latham. Sometimes, a gun just may not like its owner.      

Check play on the barrel hood, does it move much when in battery & you press down on it????
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Any other ideas I tried some reloaded ammo that I shoot in my National Match Colt and some Remington ball ammo without any improvement. A couple of guys shot the pistol but it didn't get much better. Thanks again...

Papa
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You should be able to get 2-3" groups with half-assed ammo with the Operator, IMO. Sounds like maybe the barrel isn't properly fitted, for whatever reason?

SA has a lifetime warranty, looks like it's time to use it?????????

My .o2
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:20:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Bob I am not giving up yet but will try a couple of other brands of ammo before it goes back for a tune up at Springfield.The thing just feels so good that I couldn't sleep until I made up my mind to go bring it home. Now it has a new home with plenty of people to take care of it and feed it whatever it is going to like for the rest of it's life.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Remington UMC FMJ's.  They've always run better than WWB in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:04:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I am getting 1 3/4" to 2" groups out of my Operator at 25 yards using cheap Winchester White Box that I get from wallyworld.  The Operator would probbly do better in the hands of a better shot than me.

Maddog
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I was shooting 3" groups today with my MC Operator using cheap ammo. Winchester "white box" 230gr FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Guys I am still shooting a few brands of ammo mostly 230gr ball but some 200gr swc are showing some promise. Maybe it just needs to be rung out some more. This weekend I am going out with about 500 rounds of ball ammo and some old Federal match I got from an old pistol team member I know. I will let you know how it turns out.
Tim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top