Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/4/2006 5:31:42 AM EDT
Like it says. I've heard nothing but good about these things, figure I might as well get one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:36:38 AM EDT
impact guns still has some in stock according to their website. i have a new mkiii that i like a lot. so if you have trouble finding the mkii in the configuration you would want look at the newer mkiii. some people don't like the loaded chamber indicator but after a few hundred rounds i haven't had any problems with it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:02:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 9:03:21 AM EDT by pyro6988]

Originally Posted By aaronrb204:
impact guns still has some in stock according to their website. i have a new mkiii that i like a lot. so if you have trouble finding the mkii in the configuration you would want look at the newer mkiii. some people don't like the loaded chamber indicator but after a few hundred rounds i haven't had any problems with it.

Direct link to ruger rimfire pistols
www.impactguns.com/store/ruger_rimfire_handguns.html

I'm pretty sure CDNN has them too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:15:20 PM EDT
brother in law found a new one for cheap at gander mountain.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 6:01:19 PM EDT by --bullseye--]

Originally Posted By infsqdldr:

yeah, once the MKIII(the new model inferior to the MKII IMHO) came out, my local Gander Mountain put the MKIIs on clearance, ar atleast lowered the price. I found a slightly used one elsewhere (that came with 4 mags) for $230. It was the 6 inch standard barrel and fixed sight version. Go with the bull barrel and target sights if you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:14:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By --bullseye--:

yeah, once the MKIII(the new model inferior to the MKII IMHO) came out, my local Gander Mountain put the MKIIs on clearance, ar atleast lowered the price. I found a slightly used one elsewhere (that came with 4 mags) for $230. It was the 6 inch standard barrel and fixed sight version. Go with the bull barrel and target sights if you can find one.

Why do you think the III is inferior to the II?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:31:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 6:32:20 PM EDT by --bullseye--]

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Originally Posted By --bullseye--:

Why do you think the III is inferior to the II?

MKIII= Mag release moved out of heel to behind the trigger guard= +1. Loaded chamber indicator= neutral(although I heard ruger recalled the early ones because someone said you could set the round off by hitting the indicator hard enough due to the fact it rested on the rim of a rimfire cartridge). Mag disconnect safety= -1. Keyed lock out= -1.

It is not that much worse than the MKII; but they Kali-fied it so if given the choice between a MKII and a MKIII of the same barrel and sight style, I personally would go with the MKII.

A few years down the road MK3s will be the only thing available, so I'll just have to deal with the crap I don't like if I get another one. I really like the looks of that MK3 Hunter, and the MK3 22/45 with the slabside barrel looks cool too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:52:55 AM EDT
as for the keyed lockout all it does is keep you from moving the safety to the off position. but in order to engage the safety it has to be cocked first. and the mag disconnect is only a problem when you are trying to correctly follow the disassembly/assembly instructions.

personally i haven't found any of the "new" features to be a problem. and i actually like the loaded chamber indicator. it is out of the way and unobtrusive. then again i never had a mkii so i am not trying to adapt from a previous model.
Top Top