Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/2/2003 8:51:14 PM EDT
I'm pissed... I want to buy a P13.45 Limited in carbon steel / black finish... and now that I have the money... Para has stopped making them except in "bright stainless" (read: pimp gun)... no offence to those that like stainless finsih, but I don't... and what if the gun was to be used in tactical situations... could there be a worse choice then stainless...?!?!?

Why... why I ask you... Why...?

Arrrrgggghhhh....

STP.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:46:00 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Potter_Sherman_T:
what if the gun was to be used in tactical situations... could there be a worse choice then stainless...?!?!?

STP.

Neon orange, and Kimber will have one soon enough!!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:21:04 PM EDT
I did not know that you could purchase handguns in Canada. Guess I never really thought about it after hearing all of the horror stories about the gun laws up there. Can you purchase the plain p13-45 in the black and then have it set up the way you want it by a good gunsmith. I have a P-1445 Limited and I love it. I would prefer the Novak Combat Sights in lieu of the Bo-Mar Style though.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:03:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By firstar:
I did not know that you could purchase handguns in Canada. Guess I never really thought about it after hearing all of the horror stories about the gun laws up there. Can you purchase the plain p13-45 in the black and then have it set up the way you want it by a good gunsmith. I have a P-1445 Limited and I love it. I would prefer the Novak Combat Sights in lieu of the Bo-Mar Style though.

We can in fact own handguns... and AR's with bayo lugs and flash hiders... no pre / post ban issues up here in the GWN...

I also own a P14.45 Limited (in BLACK) and I agree... it's a great gun...! I use it for IPSC (USPSA) so the adjustable sights are just what I wanted... given that once they're set you're GTG... it's nice however to be able to adjust for any changes in your loads...

Guess what... the "standard" P13.45 is only available in stainless finish as well... the Web site says your choice... but if you download the 2003 catalogue (which is how I discovered that the P13.45 Limited was only available in stainless) you'll see that it to is now only available as a pimp gun... again no offence to those pimps out there... and besides that... while it's a good suggestion... the whole idea behind the Limited series is so you don't have to go to a smith to get all the extras...

I think I'm gonna' buy a Norinco Commander length and do a custom job... I realize you guys can't buy Norinco in the lower 48 (or the upper two for that matter), but we can ('cause we looooove the Chinese...)... The pistol costs $349.00 Canadian (about $225.00 US) and by the time I'm done with it I will have spent a total of about $800.00 - $900.00 Canadian ($650.00 - $750.00 US)... I'm still ahead of what the P13.45 Limited would have cost me (about $1,150.00 Canadian)... If Norinco's are good enough for Bill Wilson to do his custom jobs on... it's good enough for me...

Thanks for the input...

STP.
Top Top