Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2014 10:11:59 PM EDT
Hello gents,

I've got a lot of Tupperware pistols so looking for something different for Santa to leave under the tree this year  

Been looking at a CZ 75 in 9mm.  One local toy store has a 75B and a 75 Omega in stock. Omega says a "simplified trigger system"

Can anyone tell me what that really means  ?  Is one really better than the other  ? ?

What say you  ?

Thanks !

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the box the Omega trigger is better, but it is as good as it is going to get.  The regular cz trigger can be improved upon by a few spring changes from cajun gun works.  Or by shooting or dry firing.  BTW, leave the brown grease in it when shooting.  It helps breaks the gun in.  Once you go CZ other guns it is hard to look at other brands.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of the box the Omega trigger is better, but it is as good as it is going to get.  The regular cz trigger can be improved upon by a few spring changes from cajun gun works.  Or by shooting or dry firing.  BTW, leave the brown grease in it when shooting.  It helps breaks the gun in.  Once you go CZ other guns it is hard to look at other brands.
View Quote

CGW can do trigger work and has parts for the Omega triggers too. It's not "as good as it is going to get" out the box.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I seriously dislike the shape of the Omega equipped 75b. I had one of the first batch available back in 2009-10? Sold it. The trigger in the P-09 is shaped better, but I doubt it would work in a 75b, but I really don't know.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The Omega trigger is certainly not "as good as it's going to get" out of the box. CGW sells a ton of stuff for them and with the CGW parts the triggers are excellent. As far as the P-09 (and newer P-07) trigger goes, it won't work in the metal framed guns without serious grinding (probably grinding the frame too.) Personally, I actually like the curved trigger since it's got a slightly longer reach and I find that with the small backstrap on my P-09 the curved trigger puts my finger in a better position. My point is, the new style trigger may look cooler and work better for some, but it's not necessarily a one-size-fits-all type of thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top