Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:25:32 AM EDT
I have one of the P99s with i guess its the Euro style Rail? not the weaver style with the slot. going across the bottom of the pistol

what options do i have for a tac light?
ive seen the M-5 one and i dont see how that fits. i dont really like the one from earls as it hangs to low for my taste.

anyone else have something on theres or is the walther P99 just a black sheep of the lighting option?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:25:57 AM EDT
[#1]
The proprietary rail of course is the problem.  Have looked into this myself, and found lights/lasers at www.laserdevices.com

Heres a couple options:
LDI Part #: 210101 Light/Laser combo
LDI Part #: 22004 LAS TAC2 Light or Laser  (you can have the option of swapping out a light/laser module)

You'll see where it mentions 'classic' instead of 'new style'

Also, check here for the LAS TAC2 Light for our older style P99s (never dealt w/ these folks, but there is a picture.)
www.thebladeshop.com/browseproducts/Laser-Devices-LAS-TAC-2-w-Xenon-Lamp-for-Classic-Walther-P99.HTML
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
sounds dumb but i might just have to buy one of the newer pistols so i can run the same light that i use on my AR and other stuff.

thanks for the links to that. maybe i can figure something out using some ideads from that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:06:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There's an adapter rail that goes on there and switches it to a normal rail.  I hate to say I don't know where to get it, as I haven't looked, but I found it pretty easy without looking for one.  Check Walther/USA's site first, or google.  That would be the way to go as you only have to buy the adaptor and not actual accesories.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#4]
like the 2nd picture down on this webpage?

http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/IX/13.html

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, i've seen that adapter as well. A fella on Ebay was selling them a few months back - think he was from Germany.  Havent seen them listed in a bit though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're talking about the guy I think you're taling about, then there was a big stink a while back about him selling P22 accessories (thread adapters, etc.) to the USA. I don't remember all the details or how it all turned out, but I remember it being a big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top