Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 8:50:02 AM EDT
I'm having a discussion with a coworker about the carry laws here in FL. He's not really very gun law savy, and thought that you could, unlicensed, open carry here in Florida, which I told him was not true, unless you're an LEO or licensed security. He disagreed based upon empirical evidence he saw, 25 years ago. I told him the laws had changed apparently, and that it's currently illegal to open carry unlicensed.

Because of this discussion, I'm trying to find out the laws prior to the 1987 Shall-Issue legislation. The best I could find was that it was based upon the counties own regulations, but that's as far as I could get.

Prior to 1987, was open-carry an option here in Florida?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Might try this one over in the FL hometown forum, sir.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm having a discussion with a coworker about the carry laws here in FL. He's not really very gun law savy, and thought that you could, unlicensed, open carry here in Florida, which I told him was not true, unless you're an LEO or licensed security. He disagreed based upon empirical evidence he saw, 25 years ago. I told him the laws had changed apparently, and that it's currently illegal to open carry unlicensed.

Because of this discussion, I'm trying to find out the laws prior to the 1987 Shall-Issue legislation. The best I could find was that it was based upon the counties own regulations, but that's as far as I could get.

Prior to 1987, was open-carry an option here in Florida?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure about 25 years ago, but you cannot open carry in FL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:20:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top