Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/1/2006 7:50:02 AM EST
I'm having a discussion with a coworker about the carry laws here in FL. He's not really very gun law savy, and thought that you could, unlicensed, open carry here in Florida, which I told him was not true, unless you're an LEO or licensed security. He disagreed based upon empirical evidence he saw, 25 years ago. I told him the laws had changed apparently, and that it's currently illegal to open carry unlicensed.

Because of this discussion, I'm trying to find out the laws prior to the 1987 Shall-Issue legislation. The best I could find was that it was based upon the counties own regulations, but that's as far as I could get.

Prior to 1987, was open-carry an option here in Florida?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:18:19 PM EST
Might try this one over in the FL hometown forum, sir.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:38:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By GlockSmack:
I'm having a discussion with a coworker about the carry laws here in FL. He's not really very gun law savy, and thought that you could, unlicensed, open carry here in Florida, which I told him was not true, unless you're an LEO or licensed security. He disagreed based upon empirical evidence he saw, 25 years ago. I told him the laws had changed apparently, and that it's currently illegal to open carry unlicensed.

Because of this discussion, I'm trying to find out the laws prior to the 1987 Shall-Issue legislation. The best I could find was that it was based upon the counties own regulations, but that's as far as I could get.

Prior to 1987, was open-carry an option here in Florida?

Thanks for any help.

Not sure about 25 years ago, but you cannot open carry in FL.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:20:46 PM EST
Top Top