Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Just started having issues with my kkm comped 17 running +p with factory spring.  Traded out for 13 lb flat spring and guide rod, still seemed to have a few issues but not nearly as many.  Also running +p.  Wonder what else needs to be done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Just started having issues with my kkm comped 17 running +p with factory spring.  Traded out for 13 lb flat spring and guide rod, still seemed to have a few issues but not nearly as many.  Also running +p.  Wonder what else needs to be done.
View Quote

How gunked up is the gun? For whatever reason, my RS starts to throw the occasional malfunction if I really let it get nasty. However, my RS also likes a little more lube than your standard glock.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:

How gunked up is the gun? For whatever reason, my RS starts to throw the occasional malfunction if I really let it get nasty. However, my RS also likes a little more lube than your standard glock.
View Quote

It was pretty dirty.  I did give it a thorough cleaning before the last range trip this weekend and before testing with the 13 pound spring setup though so i don't know.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m glad I saw this about the comp and using hot ammo. I’m going to go ahead and stock up on some +p hollow points.

I know y’all are saying that the longer slide pistols are prone to weak cycling with a comp. I take it that the 19 has a barrel length better suited for it?

What +p SD ammo are y’all using?
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I’m glad I saw this about the comp and using hot ammo. I’m going to go ahead and stock up on some +p hollow points. 

I know y’all are saying that the longer slide pistols are prone to weak cycling with a comp. I take it that the 19 has a barrel length better suited for it? 

What +p SD ammo are y’all using?
View Quote

For 9mm, things get difficult bast G19 size. A lot of people have issues with 19 length as well depending on what barrel & comp.

I run Speer Gold Dot 124+P through my KKM barrel/comp.
Link Posted: 5/11/2020 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m glad I saw this about the comp and using hot ammo. I’m going to go ahead and stock up on some +p hollow points. 

I know y’all are saying that the longer slide pistols are prone to weak cycling with a comp. I take it that the 19 has a barrel length better suited for it? 

View Quote

Sig 124gr +p FMJ and Sig 124gr +p Vcrown M17
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

124gr NATO for range/practice ammo, Hornady Critical Duty 124gr +P for carry. The recoil profile is so similar I can’t tell the difference if I shoot a mag with a random mix of the two (only done for reliability testing, obviously don’t mix different ammo loads for defensive purposes)
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Just started having issues with my kkm comped 17 running +p with factory spring.  Traded out for 13 lb flat spring and guide rod, still seemed to have a few issues but not nearly as many.  Also running +p.  Wonder what else needs to be done.
View Quote
Can you elaborate on the issue? Is it failing to return to battery? Is the spent casing stovepiping? Trying to get a sense as to whether the issue is happening on the slide rearward or forward travel.

My 19 Roland is 98% reliable with a 13lb spring but wasn't even in the ballpark with a factory or 15lb spring. You can go lighter than 13 but you start to beat up the frame and at that point the spring doesnt have much energy to send the slide home. It's a delicate balance.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#10]
What's everyone's current favorite trigger setup? I've got everything else ready or ordered, but haven't decided on the trigger yet. Never had any aftermarket Glock trigger or components, so not sure if I’m missing out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By HKocher:
What's everyone's current favorite trigger setup? I've got everything else ready or ordered, but haven't decided on the trigger yet. Never had any aftermarket Glock trigger or components, so not sure if I’m missing out.
View Quote

A "true" Roland either has a 10 cent trigger job or and Overwatch trigger.

I've been really happy wit my Overwatch NP3 trigger, minus connector and trigger block.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I went with the polish job and added a Glock minus connector. I like it, for me I believe it is in that sweet spot for carrying.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HKocher:
What's everyone's current favorite trigger setup? I've got everything else ready or ordered, but haven't decided on the trigger yet. Never had any aftermarket Glock trigger or components, so not sure if I’m missing out.
View Quote

I really like the 3 Zev triggers I have.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Can you elaborate on the issue? Is it failing to return to battery? Is the spent casing stovepiping? Trying to get a sense as to whether the issue is happening on the slide rearward or forward travel.

My 19 Roland is 98% reliable with a 13lb spring but wasn't even in the ballpark with a factory or 15lb spring. You can go lighter than 13 but you start to beat up the frame and at that point the spring doesnt have much energy to send the slide home. It's a delicate balance.
View Quote

Will get more info next range day, maybe some slow mo video also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone had issue with rmr type 1 battery drain? I had issues with flickering so I bought a battlewerx sealing plate, didn't fix it. Did the ATEI mod where you bend the contact and that fixed flickering issues. Unfortunately in doing so the battery lasts about 2 months. (even when off)
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LonChaney] [#17]
My Roland

G19.3 w Brownells slide. Frame work done by Make Ready Firearms. Southwest Precision Comp. AIM Surplus barrel.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Just finished this yesterday....will likely run a Holosun 508T V2 on it eventually once my preferred vendor has them in stock
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:45:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bzugger] [#19]
#2 in the stable. Had an agency barrel in the other roland with comp. Didnt cycle worth a shit. Probably wont bother with a comp unless I can find a threaded glock factory barrel
Suarez complete slide. Atei lower. Overwatch trigger
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Had the G19 Roland for a few years now.  Just finished the G23 recently and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  Both had frame and slide work done by ATEi.  The stippling work has definitely improved judging by the work on both guns.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 1:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:
https://i.imgur.com/VOTosso.jpg

Had the G19 Roland for a few years now.  Just finished the G23 recently and haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.  Both had frame and slide work done by ATEi.  The stippling work has definitely improved judging by the work on both guns.
View Quote

Beautiful. ATEi has one of my G19s right now, can’t wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 7:58:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#23]
My Fauxlands-

Link Posted: 7/13/2020 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Got my gen 3 back from ATEi. Pretty much went with the standard mods, https://ateiguns.com/product/roland-special/, but with the SLR mag well because it was in stock.

Attachment Attached File

So I bought a Safariland 6354DO, thinking it was the right holster, but it doesn’t fit. I removed the bbl plug, but the comp is still interfering with seating the gun fully. I’ve never modified kydex before, so what the best way to make this work? Heat it up?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Got my gen 3 back from ATEi. Pretty much went with the standard mods, https://ateiguns.com/product/roland-special/, but with the SLR mag well because it was in stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/83/FF68D0C4-F7AE-4429-8BE2-9C1FB3434B37_jpe-1540871.JPG

So I bought a Safariland 6354DO, thinking it was the right holster, but it doesn’t fit. I removed the bbl plug, but the comp is still interfering with seating the gun fully. I’ve never modified kydex before, so what the best way to make this work? Heat it up?
View Quote

Holster for the Glock 34? Part number should be 6354DO-6832-XXX.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Trigger, mag well, and slide work details on the top Glock?
View Quote

@Seiran

Overwatch Precision Polydat trigger and magwell. Slide cut by Jagerwerks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Holster for the Glock 34? Part number should be 6354DO-6832-XXX.
View Quote

Shit, I guess I ordered the wrong one, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Shit, I guess I ordered the wrong one, thanks.
View Quote

Since you have to re-order, you should go for the more modern and widely compatible Safariland RDS holsters (6390).

I've owned both and sold the 6354.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Xhado:

Since you have to re-order, you should go for the more modern and widely compatible Safariland RDS holsters (6390).

View Quote

I’ll check it out. What are some of the improvements?
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I’ll check it out. What are some of the improvements?
View Quote

The DO was made for the Doctor Optics MRDS, the new RDS models fit a wider range of MRDS.

Mounting holes on the DO are higher on the holster, making it ride much lower than I prefer.

The newer versions have better designed MRDS shroud as well as a cover to help keep stuff off the lens.
Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

My 6390 RDS I just had wrapped by Spectermods (Instagram).

Link Posted: 8/11/2020 9:56:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Is the cycling issue just for some folks? Are there any people out there running comps with factory springs shooting cheap 115gr ammo? Or does this Roland setup require +p ammo?

After reading people having cycling issues I’m thinking I should just get a couple 13lb recoil springs now. What springs are you guys running and what do you guys recommend for the gen 5?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 12:08:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Soopreme:
Is the cycling issue just for some folks? Are there any people out there running comps with factory springs shooting cheap 115gr ammo? Or does this Roland setup require +p ammo?

After reading people having cycling issues I’m thinking I should just get a couple 13lb recoil springs now. What springs are you guys running and what do you guys recommend for the gen 5?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote

I have zero issue with the KKM comp and the stock RSA.

I have a detailed post somewhere in this thread discussing ammo types and full setup.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 1:03:12 AM EDT
[#35]

The DO was made for the Doctor Optics MRDS, the new RDS models fit a wider range of MRDS.

Mounting holes on the DO are higher on the holster, making it ride much lower than I prefer.

The newer versions have better designed MRDS shroud as well as a cover to help keep stuff off the lens.
View Quote

Using the "high ride" ubl solves the issue of the low riding nature of the 6354
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]

I have zero issue with the KKM comp and the stock RSA.

I have a detailed post somewhere in this thread discussing ammo types and full setup.
View Quote

thanks. i hope i dont run into any issues. already jumped the gun and bought parts for both my 19's. still waiting on parts for havent tested yet. very anxious.

19.5 - KKM barrel and comp
19x - silencerco barrel with PMM comp
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#37]

thanks. i hope i dont run into any issues. already jumped the gun and bought parts for both my 19's. still waiting on parts for havent tested yet. very anxious.

19.5 - KKM barrel and comp
19x - silencerco barrel with PMM comp
View Quote

Let me know if you have any issues with the SiCo/PMM combo.  I had the same setup in my G45 and I had to ditch it due to feeding problems.  I think the problems are from the barrel itself though.  The KKM combo ran great in my 10 with any and all ammo I put through it.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Let me know if you have any issues with the SiCo/PMM combo.  I had the same setup in my G45 and I had to ditch it due to feeding problems.  I think the problems are from the barrel itself though.  The KKM combo ran great in my 10 with any and all ammo I put through it.
View Quote

what type of ammunition were you running for the  SiCo/PMM combo?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#39]

After reading people having cycling issues I'm thinking I should just get a couple 13lb recoil springs now. What springs are you guys running and what do you guys recommend for the gen 5?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I really think the most honest answer is "it depends". Some people swear their Roland's run 100% with stock springs and 115 ball. I know mine didn't (Gen4).

Went down to a 13lb ISMI spring and it's been quite reliable since. Every once in a blue moon it'll fail to go into battery, let's call it once or twice every 1000 rounds. I won't carry it, but IMO that's not really the point of a Roland anyways.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
I really think the most honest answer is "it depends". Some people swear their Roland's run 100% with stock springs and 115 ball. I know mine didn't (Gen4).

Went down to a 13lb ISMI spring and it's been quite reliable since. Every once in a blue moon it'll fail to go into battery, let's call it once or twice every 1000 rounds. I won't carry it, but IMO that's not really the point of a Roland anyways.
View Quote

Thanks for the feedback. I think I’m going to just grab a 13lbs spring now so I don’t have to wait another 2 weeks after I find out it doesn’t cycle with factory recoils spring, cause I hate waiting for stuff.

Is this the part I would need?

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-13LB-Guide-Rod-SST-Adapter-Gen-4-5-19-23-32-38-p/ndz-gra-g4-sst-g19-glc13.htm
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#41]

what type of ammunition were you running for the  SiCo/PMM combo?
View Quote

Everything from WWB 115gr to 147gr competition loads.    At first I thought it was the comp causing problems but it looks like the issue is the barrel itself.   Others have had similar problems
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Everything from WWB 115gr to 147gr competition loads.    At first I thought it was the comp causing problems but it looks like the issue is the barrel itself.   Others have had similar problems
View Quote

Interesting. Have you had issues with the barrel by itself without comp?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Interesting. Have you had issues with the barrel by itself without comp?
View Quote

yes, same failure to feed issues seen with the comp attached and with nothing attached
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:57:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#44]
Have you reached out to silencerco about the issue? I plan to take the g19.5 to the range and test the silencerco barrel.  I don’t have the comp yet though. I’ll be shooting 115gr pmc and I also have some 145gr federal target ammo to test. I’ll report back
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:31:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#45]
I have PMM, Killer Innovations, Agency Arms (Single Port & Dual Port) and KKM comps on my Glocks and all run 100% shooting 124 grain and 147 grain loads.
One thing I’d like to point out is, you need to break new barrels in with 200-300 rounds before installing your comp. I’ve done this with all my pistols and have never had an issue.
9mm NATO is my favorite cheaper load but is impossible to find right now.

ETA Stock recoil springs in all
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Have you reached out to silencerco about the issue? I plan to take the g19.5 to the range and test the silencerco barrel.  I don’t have the comp yet though. I’ll be shooting 115gr pmc and I also have some 145gr federal target ammo to test. I’ll report back
View Quote

SiCo has offered to look at the barrel but I havent sent it to them yet
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:52:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Soopreme] [#47]
Originally Posted By AKSU:
I have PMM, Killer Innovations, Agency Arms (Single Port & Dual Port) and KKM comps on my Glocks and all run 100% shooting 124 grain and 147 grain loads.
One thing I’d like to point out is, you need to break new barrels in with 200-300 rounds before installing your comp. I’ve done this with all my pistols and have never had an issue.
9mm NATO is my favorite cheaper load but is impossible to find right now.

ETA Stock recoil springs in all
View Quote

What’s the weight of the 9mm NATO rounds? Is there a specific manufacturer you favor?

Btw what Glock are you using for your PMM and KKM comps?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AKSU] [#48]

What’s the weight of the 9mm NATO rounds? Is there a specific manufacturer you favor?

Btw what Glock are you using for your PMM and KKM comps?
View Quote

124 grain and whichever is cheapest
Gen 5 PMM and Gen 3 KKM
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to just grab a 13lbs spring now so I don't have to wait another 2 weeks after I find out it doesn't cycle with factory recoils spring, cause I hate waiting for stuff.

Is this the part I would need?

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-13LB-Guide-Rod-SST-Adapter-Gen-4-5-19-23-32-38-p/ndz-gra-g4-sst-g19-glc13.htm
View Quote
Yep, that's the exact guide rod I have on mine. It works perfectly, just find the spring you prefer and use some locktite on the screw which captures it. It'll come loose under recoil otherwise (it's a very tiny screw so you can't put a lot of torque into fastening it).
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Yep, that's the exact guide rod I have on mine. It works perfectly, just find the spring you prefer and use some locktite on the screw which captures it. It'll come loose under recoil otherwise (it's a very tiny screw so you can't put a lot of torque into fastening it).
View Quote

Sweet deal thanks. Just ordered 2.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top