Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2010 5:40:42 PM EDT
Thinking about getting a Stronghold Phoenix for my USPc; anyone have any feedback on Occidental Leather?

Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quality seems to be good. Looks like another VM2 spin off. If youj carry at 4-5:00 and don't mind no ability to adjust cant or ride height it looks like a nice rig.
Link Posted: 8/30/2010 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about their holsters, but their tool bags/belts are absolutely bombproof! Expensive, but will last nearly a lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, my order came in yesterday for the Occidental Leather Model 1337 (Stronghold Phoenix) and I thought you all might be interested.

It's a VM2 clone, and it clones it very well.  Initial pistol fit is just a bit on the snug side (just the way I want it), and more snug than what I've come to expect from Sparks' VM2 line.  It is well formed to the gun and has good retention.

Leather seems to be of good grade.  It has a band to hold open the mouth for one-handed re-holstering.  I'd rate the overall build quality as good to excellent.  Comparing to a VM2, the stitching isn't quite as "recessed" on the back side.  It does have stitched in sight channel; they've actually stitched in two strips of leather on the inside that ride on either sidd of the front sight.  This is more a function of the one-piece body that wraps around the gun, whereas the VM2 stitched two pieces of leather (one back, one front) and gets a sort of automatic sight channel.

Comfort is on a par with the VM2, meaning no troubles whatsever.  I think once I get it fully broken in I won't even know I'm wearing it.

Price wise it costs a bit more (maybe $30), but you don't have to wait 6-8 months.

Overall, I'll be looking to Occidental for gun leather in the future.  You could do a lot worse than giving them your business.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not know that they made gun leather. I do know that there tool belts will last a lifetime!

/off to there website/

and fbo!
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You can replace the loops with Comp-tac type clips to adjust the cant to your liking. I've done it and it works out.

Quoted:
Quality seems to be good. Looks like another VM2 spin off. If youj carry at 4-5:00 and don't mind no ability to adjust cant or ride height it looks like a nice rig.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top