Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2006 4:43:22 PM EST
Is it possible to carry OWB while wearing shorts and t-shirt, not tucked? Are there any holsters that are desinged with that in mind? carry gun would be an XD 4''/3'' right handed.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 4:52:06 PM EST
tag
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:10:22 PM EST
I have a friend who does that. I think he uses one of Milt Sparks' OWB holsters. He wears hawaiian shirts everywhere to conceal with. It's an interesting idea, I've thought about trying it out but I really find what I do now works for me so I haven't bothered.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:56:28 PM EST
With a short barreled weapon such as a GLOCK 26/27/33 or Kahr MK/PM it is possible. The Don Hume JIT slide is a good holster that well with these weapons and is very affordable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:25:30 AM EST
I carry a G19 OWB and have been since I started carrying. It conceals easily with just an untucked T-shirt. I use a DeSantis holster with a cant. With a good belt it rides high and tight enough to conceal with just a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:36:13 AM EST
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll probably go with the JIT since I have a XD service and a SC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:29:15 PM EST
I use the JIT for my S&W 642, and a DeSantis for my Glock.

I could wear a size L t-shirt just fine, but I have been buying XL shirts for the extra material to cover my handgun.
I find that in certain situations this works fine, especially since the XL shirts I have are a bit longer than the L ones.

I prefer to wear a button-up shirt over the t-shirt though.
I have found that shirts made out of heavy cotton or that crinkley material (seersucker?) work very well either in a plain dark color, or an earth-tone color and a pattern on the material.

If you want longer than normal t-shirts, check out the Duluth Trading Company They have extra long t-shirts in all sizes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 12:53:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By WSmac:
I prefer to wear a button-up shirt over the t-shirt though.
I have found that shirts made out of heavy cotton or that crinkley material (seersucker?) work very well either in a plain dark color, or an earth-tone color and a pattern on the material.

+1 I carry this way 99% of the time. Tee-shirt with a untucked button shirt for cover. Another thing that works GREAT is a baseball jersy worn untucked. I do that a lot in the summer with shorts. I catch a lot of sheet for my Atlanta Braves jersys though

I carry my glock36 and now my USPc in Mitch Rosens 5JR.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 2:44:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/16/2006 2:45:30 PM EST by VBC]
You want a "high riding" holster. I carry like that a lot with a Glock 26 and Galco Fletch holster, which is a high riding pancake style. (The belt loops are built-in low on the holster to keep the holster up high so it doesn't show below your t-shirt or jacket.)

Especially need a really good gun belt with a high ride to keep it tucked in tight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:32:35 PM EST
I'm a big guy (6'4", 255 pounds), and I regularly carry my 5" 1911 in a blackhawk CQC under a T-shirt with no problems, I just make sure all my T-shirts have enough length to cover the end of the muzzle.
Top Top