Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2006 5:43:22 PM EDT
Is it possible to carry OWB while wearing shorts and t-shirt, not tucked? Are there any holsters that are desinged with that in mind? carry gun would be an XD 4''/3'' right handed.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a friend who does that.  I think he uses one of Milt Sparks' OWB holsters.  He wears hawaiian shirts everywhere to conceal with.  It's an interesting idea, I've thought about trying it out but I really find what I do now works for me so I haven't bothered.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
With a short barreled weapon such as a GLOCK 26/27/33 or Kahr MK/PM it is possible. The Don Hume JIT slide is a good holster that well with these weapons and is very affordable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I carry a G19 OWB and have been since I started carrying.  It conceals easily with just an untucked T-shirt.  I use a DeSantis holster with a cant.  With a good belt it rides high and tight enough to conceal with just a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll probably go with the JIT since I have a XD service and a SC.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the JIT for my S&W 642, and a DeSantis for my Glock.

I could wear a size L t-shirt just fine, but I have been buying XL shirts for the extra material to cover my handgun.
I find that in certain situations this works fine, especially since the XL shirts I have are a bit longer than the L ones.

I prefer to wear a button-up shirt over the t-shirt though.
I have found that shirts made out of heavy cotton or that crinkley material (seersucker?) work very well either in a plain dark color, or an earth-tone color and a pattern on the material.

If you want longer than normal t-shirts, check out the Duluth Trading Company  They have extra long t-shirts in all sizes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I prefer to wear a button-up shirt over the t-shirt though.
I have found that shirts made out of heavy cotton or that crinkley material (seersucker?) work very well either in a plain dark color, or an earth-tone color and a pattern on the material.

+1  I carry this way 99% of the time.  Tee-shirt with a untucked button shirt for cover.  Another thing that works GREAT is a baseball jersy worn untucked.  I do that a lot in the summer with shorts.  I catch a lot of sheet for my Atlanta Braves jersys though

I carry my glock36 and now my USPc in Mitch Rosens 5JR.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#8]
You want a "high riding" holster.  I carry like that a lot with a Glock 26 and Galco Fletch holster, which is a high riding pancake style.  (The belt loops are built-in low on the holster to keep the holster up high so it doesn't show below your t-shirt or jacket.)

Especially need a really good gun belt with a high ride to keep it tucked in tight.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a big guy (6'4", 255 pounds), and I regularly carry my 5" 1911 in a blackhawk CQC under a T-shirt with no problems, I just make sure all my T-shirts have enough length to cover the end of the muzzle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top