Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2003 7:46:54 PM EDT
I'm looking at getting my first .45.  I've got other 9mm and .40 pistols, and this would be my first 1911.  Will I be satisfied with a custom II Kimber, or should I look at something a little higher end.  I would like night sights, but could do without them.  The pistol would be for target shooting and general play.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been more satisfied with my two current Kimbers, and any other handgun (including other 1911's) that I have ever owned.

I would say go with a standard Custom II. Then, if you want to step up, adding night sights and such is pretty easy. It's a good gun as it is, and also a good base to build on.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
My experience with the Custom TLE II has been top of the line!  It came with night sites.  It's been totally flawless in function, extremely accurate, and exceptionally smooth in operation.  It has the best trigger right out of the box of any of the 7 handguns I've owned.

The biggest surprise has been the recoil.  I thought it would be more noticable, but it turned out to be less noticable than some of my 9mm's and .40's.

There just isn't a down side to this handgun!

Link Posted: 11/23/2003 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Custom II, in Matte. It's a great shooter, The only thing I changed out was the grips, I added VZ grips and added a Tac slide release.

Works great with  American Eagle, CCI Lawman, CCI Blazer and S&B ammo.
I use the Kimber and Wilson magazines with it.
IMHO  I think it is a great 1911 for the money, and it shouldnt let you down
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 4:20:22 AM EDT
[#4]
deffinately go with a kimber.  the custom II is great.  if you want higher end get a kimber tactical or even a custom shop.  there are many different options in the kimber line.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I've owned several Colt's and one Springfield 1911, most have been traded off. My Kimber Custom II stainless is the best 45. I've found out of the box in terms of fit, fuction and value. A HD Pro Carry will probably my next purchase. In any case, take your time and handle them all before you buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top