Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 1:18:22 PM EDT
how hard is this to put in? I asume you tap out the old sight and tap in the new one? Thanks for any help, don't wanna kill my springer GI
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on which one you have. novak makes one that fits in the factory dovetail, and they also have one that requires the slide to be milled.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The standard Novak "Lo-Mounts" require machining of the slide if you have the SA GI or Mil-Spec sights.

They make ones that are supposed to fit your current cuts, but that may change your POI.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Put a business card or a piece of leather between your drift punch and the sight to prevent scuffs when you install the sights.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Heinies are better
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]
well I guess it's going to a smith anyway. got my S&A beavertail and it is going to need the frame modified to fit anyway. and the Chip Micormak ambi safty is junk! installed it and broke before even firing the gun! friend is leftie and was saying how even he could use the gun now (joking of course) and he fliped it a few times on and off and sudenly it was stuck. get the right side of and you can see it snaped inside! took a damn flat head to pry the thing of from the right! never again
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry to hear you had a problem with that safety.  

As far as any sights that need moving, I usually suggest a small block of wood.  Hold the wood against the sight like a punch and then tap the wood with a hammer.  I have yet to mar anything up with that method.

Another method I have used is a plastic punch I had a machinist make for me.  Delrin is the material and he spun it down and made a neat punch for me to use for sights.  It's kind of high tech but it does a real good job and isn't real cumbersome.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear you had a problem with that safety.  

As far as any sights that need moving, I usually suggest a small block of wood.  Hold the wood against the sight like a punch and then tap the wood with a hammer.  I have yet to mar anything up with that method.

Another method I have used is a plastic punch I had a machinist make for me.  Delrin is the material and he spun it down and made a neat punch for me to use for sights.  It's kind of high tech but it does a real good job and isn't real cumbersome.

I had an insert fall out. SA replaced it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top