Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 4:09:24 PM EDT
I would like some feedback on these mags.    I always use factory Sig Mags, but have heard these are good.  What are the pros and cons ?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Just recently bought 3 Novak mags.  All work flawlessly & were only $18 ea

Check out the Classified Section over at Sig Forums . Look for "usaoz's" ad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Novaks. Just as good as factory mags and cheaper. I have had great reliability out of my 10rd promags but a lot of guys do not I guess and a 10rd mag is not what you want all the time. Novaks are top quality. If I went with Promag or USA I would go with Promag. I have heard a lot of guys have replaced the springs with Wolff springs and they worked as good as any thing. However Novaks work the way you buy them and the mags seem to be made a lot nicer. If Mecgar made mags for it I would recomend those also but I do not think they make them. NOVAK NOVAK NOVAK.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Novaks are awsome. You will like them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I have three factory 8rders and 10 Novaks and the Novaks are just as good as the factory for less money. Spends less per mag and buy more Novaks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Novaks. Just as good as factory mags and cheaper. I have had great reliability out of my 10rd promags but a lot of guys do not I guess and a 10rd mag is not what you want all the time. Novaks are top quality. If I went with Promag or USA I would go with Promag. I have heard a lot of guys have replaced the springs with Wolff springs and they worked as good as any thing. However Novaks work the way you buy them and the mags seem to be made a lot nicer. If Mecgar made mags for it I would recomend those also but I do not think they make them. NOVAK NOVAK NOVAK.

I am one of those people that has had a bad experience with Promag 10 rounders. I have not tried any Novaks yet, I'll look for some tomorrow.

I was under the impression that MecGar makes Sig's Factory mags now. I could be wrong about that though.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
i use 2 pro mags 8 round (its banged up  now and doesnt load right) and 10 round (very smooth loads well) and 1 sig 7 round(is ok .... doesnt load too bad)
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I just bought some Mec-Gar Mags at a gunshow for the Sig 220.  They look like factory Magazines to me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Two words:

Novak

www.topgunsupply.com

I got 2 from there an they are GREAT. Topgunsupply got them to me fast and they were very cheap.

Carter.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just bought some Mec-Gar Mags at a gunshow for the Sig 220.  They look like factory Magazines to me.

Thats good to know since Mecgar makes great mags.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am one of those people that has had a bad experience with Promag 10 rounders. I have not tried any Novaks yet, I'll look for some tomorrow.

I was under the impression that MecGar makes Sig's Factory mags now. I could be wrong about that though.

I think you're right since my bfn 226s mags say "MECGAR  Made in italy" on them.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:17:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I think MecGar only makes mags for the 226,228, and the 229 now. They used to for the 220 but not anymore. And I wish they would they do have nice mags.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:21:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Novak or ACT mags.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#13]
You wont go wrong with Novaks.  Picked up 2 8rd Novaks a few weeks ago.  Had no problems with them at all at the range.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up six blued Novak 8 round mags from: [email protected] for $18.00 each + $4.00 S&H.

This is his ad:

sigforum.com
/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/904107744/p/1

Great price and fast service.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top