Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/11/2005 4:48:29 PM EDT
Just wondering how reliable the North American Arms semi-autos are. They seem to be well made and look to be ultra-compact. Would appreciate any input, especially on the new calibers....32 NAA and 25 AAA. Thanks

John
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:00:33 PM EDT
Their .32acp models have put a helluva dent in the Seecamp market. While Seecamp was once a sellers market, now they're downright affordable. Apparently the NAA makes a nice little pocket pistol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
Thanks BobCole.

Yes, I have heard good things about the Seecamps but they have been pricey. Good to see good ole competition making products more affordable for everybody.

John
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:09:55 AM EDT
I carry a NAA Guardian in .32ACP and like it pretty well. I think it is an excellent balance between reliability, concealability, power, and ammo availability. NAA is also an excellent company with great customer service.

I have heard good things about the quality of the Seecamp - it's a little smaller, uses a base magazine release, and I'm under the impression that it is not designed to be used with FMJ ammo. Given the choice I would choose the NAA Guardian or the LWS Seecamp over the Kel-Tec.

IMHO the smaller a semi-auto gets, it becomes more difficult to make it ultra-reliable. If your finger is placed along the slide - any pocket semi-auto may jam due to reduced mass and cartridge energy. The parts are often not as substantial as a full size semi-auto. My Guardian has had the drawbar spring break due to dry-firing too much (the spring that re-sets the trigger). NAA replaced it for free, but I quit dry-firing as much and plan to replace some of the springs on a regular basis.

The 32NAA and 25NAA cartridges seem to be very powerfull (for the size) and reliable (due to bottleneck design). For me, the cost is not worth it - practice ammo is not very common or cheap and bottleneck cartridges are more difficult to reload. I like the .32ACP the best due to the smaller size.

However, as much as I like the compromise of my NAA Guardian, if ultimate reliability is your main concern - you might want to consider a DA revoler.

NAA website with forums:
www.naaminis.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:54:17 PM EDT
I gave a NAA G380. It's reliable. It's not my favorite to shoot but it's easy to carry. They are a good company, with a good product, and very affordable.
Top Top