Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 4:48:29 PM EDT
Just wondering how reliable the North American Arms semi-autos are.  They seem to be well made and look to be ultra-compact.  Would appreciate any input, especially on the new calibers....32 NAA and 25 AAA.  Thanks

John
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Their .32acp models have put a helluva dent in the Seecamp market. While Seecamp was once a sellers market, now they're downright affordable. Apparently the NAA makes a nice little pocket pistol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks BobCole.

Yes, I have heard good things about the Seecamps but they have been pricey.  Good to see good ole competition making products more affordable for everybody.

John
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a NAA Guardian in .32ACP and like it pretty well.  I think it is an excellent balance between reliability, concealability, power, and ammo availability.  NAA is also an excellent company with great customer service.  

I have heard good things about the quality of the Seecamp - it's a little smaller, uses a base magazine release,  and I'm under the impression that it is not designed to be used with FMJ ammo.  Given the choice I would choose the NAA Guardian or the LWS Seecamp over the Kel-Tec.

IMHO the smaller a semi-auto gets, it becomes more difficult to make it ultra-reliable.  If your finger is placed along the slide - any pocket semi-auto may jam due to reduced mass and cartridge energy.  The parts are often not as substantial as a full size semi-auto.  My Guardian has had the drawbar spring break due to dry-firing too much (the spring that re-sets the trigger).  NAA replaced it for free, but I quit dry-firing as much and plan to replace some of the springs on a regular basis.  

The 32NAA and 25NAA cartridges seem to be very powerfull (for the size) and reliable (due to bottleneck design).  For me, the cost is not worth it - practice ammo is not very common or cheap and bottleneck cartridges are more difficult to reload.  I like the .32ACP the best due to the smaller size.

However, as much as I like the compromise of my NAA Guardian, if ultimate reliability is your main concern - you might want to consider a DA revoler.

NAA website with forums:
www.naaminis.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I gave a NAA G380.  It's reliable. It's not my favorite to shoot but it's easy to carry.  They are a good company, with a good product, and very affordable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top