Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2011 4:48:42 PM EDT
Does Glock make these at all any more?

I have a few and prefer them. It seems most of the mags I have like this are in pretty rough shape, and are needing to be replaced.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 4:49:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Getnlwr:
Does Glock make these at all any more?

I have a few and prefer them. It seems most of the mags I have like this are in pretty rough shape, and are needing to be replaced.

I don't think they do. Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer them over the drop free mags?
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 5:18:48 PM EDT
Do you like getting up to change the channel as well? I haven't ever met someone that likes non-dropfree mags. Usually they have to have them in a ban state. I despise them because you have to pull them out to reload. That will get you killed in combat or under stress.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 8:02:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CovertChannels:

I haven't ever met someone that likes non-dropfree mags.

They are preferred in Europe.

That will get you killed in combat or under stress.

Yep, no pistol with a mag brake or heel catch has ever been used successfully in combat.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:34:31 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GLOCKREAPER:

Yep, no pistol with a mag brake or heel catch has ever been used successfully in combat.

Would you mind posting a link to the polling information that indicated that "They are preferred in Europe?"

To the OP: If you'll mail those mags back to Glock/Smyrna, they'll rebuild them for you free.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:13:40 AM EDT
Who cares about Europe? Most of europe can't own firearms anyway. Only some lucky civilians and military/police. So no thanks.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:02:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Fragalistic:

Would you mind posting a link to the polling information that indicated that "They are preferred in Europe?"

The fact that most purely European pistols (not designed for U.S. sales) have heel catches or mag brakes is not a good enough indicator?

Not to mention the mags discussed in this thread were designed for the Austrian military, and is the primary reason Glock's have magazine removal cutouts.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:04:56 PM EDT

Who cares about Europe? So no thanks.

Europe knows a thing or two about auto pistols, to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:11:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/21/2011 3:13:59 PM EDT by --bullseye--]

Do you like getting up to change the channel as well? I haven't ever met someone that likes non-dropfree mags. Usually they have to have them in a ban state. I despise them because you have to pull them out to reload. That will get you killed in combat or under stress.

After a few hours of training stripping mags becomes automatic. I used to let the mags drop by gravity but was taught in the academy to always strip the mag. I've had even the metal lined mags hang up a time or two, so it's not a bad idea to train to do it all the time. What if Murphy comes around when you need to reload and your mag doesn't drop free like its supposed to?

Doesn't really add much time to a reload once you've done it for a while. I do it without thinking anymore...

CZ-75s have mag brakes. They seem to be fairly popular still...
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:22:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/22/2011 2:28:57 AM EDT by olivers_AR]
I have a bunch of G22 mags, would be happy to trade for drop free mags Started out in Europe where they were issued one mag or wanted to make sure that they recovered the mags.

The non-drop free are a PITA for USPSA or 3-Gun when you are use to mags dropping.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:34:41 PM EDT

My NDF mags easily come out when they are empty. They only hang up when they are FULL, and that is why I like them. I practice positive retention of mags, I don't drop rifle mags or pistol mags. They are not something that is always easily replaceable. I am not stating that I dislike the DF mags, I have plenty of them too. If I have the opportunity to choose a mag as I am picking my pistol up I will tend to select the NDF mags.

if you can show some validated statistic, that shows proper training with these mags, getting people killed in combat, I would like to see it.

As for changing the channel... I don't watch TV.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:48:23 PM EDT
OP asks where he can get some NDF mags and a bunch of jackwagons berate him for his preference and two members post something even tangentially related to his question. Fucking Arfcom.

OP, I think I have a G23 NDF and MAYBE a G22. If your pistol is in .40, IM me and you can have them for the cost of shipping. I know it's not many but I never use 'em.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 4:48:58 PM EDT

So is David Hasselhoff, what does that tell ya.
Top Top