Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT
There's no way to silently release the safety on the USPF 45, anybody here see that as an issue?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There's no way to silently release the safety on the USPF 45, anybody here see that as an issue?

I asked this question 3 years ago, the answer is No. it would be nice as an ultra tactical silent decock
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I asked this question 3 years ago, the answer is No. it would be nice as an ultra tactical silent decock

Well the noisy decock as with the P7s I can understand, the only time you'd use it is when things are safe and you don't need stealth.  

Safety release however is the opposite.  I can only hope bad guys lose their bowels from the sound of the safety release like with shotguns being racked
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't really see it as a problem.

When I take it off safe, my gun is already pointed at my target. I don't think an advisary would have enough time from hearing the click to turn and sight me in before I could pull the trigger
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:15:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I choose to look at my safety/decocker as a decocker.  I leave it in double action, and treat it as a glock/revolver.  No need for a double action gun and a safety....that double action pull is enough to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're pointing your gun at somebody with the intention of shooting them, the "click" of the safety is going to be the least of your worries.

This is almost as dumb as the guy who claimed that the sound of turning on an Aimpoint was going to compromise you in a home defense scenario.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Um, if you really need to be that stealthy, simply brace the lever with another finger or so and move it slowly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top