Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 1:13:49 PM EDT
So i'm in the market for some night sights.  

Trijicon offers the different color front and back configurations. I have fired glocks with all green sights only.

And I see heinie makes night sights as well fpr the HK USP  - Have not used or seen them in person.

This isnt a duty weapon, this HK is my home protection gun, could someone give me a qwick pros/cons  between the 2 brands. Main use for the gun would be, well,  shooting an intruder.

I would think having an orange front sight and green rear sights would offer the best target aquisition, but than again, wouldnt be starting this thread if I didnt want advise from those of you who have night sigths on your HK's.
THANKS!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, i was wondering the same thing. lol  Doesnt HK offer night sights?  I hate the way the Heinie look
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I cant recall who's sights are on my USP45F, but they're all green.
I back those up with the UTLMkII light.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have night sights, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been considering Miniature Machine Corp. sights for my Full size.

Masher
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:36:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got a set of all green meprolight sights and a UTL MkII on my USP 9, and I love the setup.

Those things are BRIGHT!!!

I don't really know if having a different color in the front would make things easier, but I've never had a problem getting the sights aligned, even in total darkness.  

It doesn't matter too much once I turn on the UTL anyway, because the sights kind of get washed out by the white light.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have alway used Meprolight night sight's on every gun I have owned and I would not use anything else, they glow brighter and last longer than the trijicons. I tested a set against each other and found that the trijicons did not last longer than they were supposed to but the Mep's did and like I said that is all I ever use now and the damn price on the trijicons are to damn high, plus I like the sight picture I get with the Mep's unlike the trijicons where you really have look hard to see the sight's and line them up and get the correct sight picture, with the Mep's I can see just fine and I damn shure ain't straining to do all of the above to engage my target, save yourself the money and get the Mep's you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have alway used Meprolight night sight's on every gun I have owned and I would not use anything else, they glow brighter and last lnger than the trijicons I tested a set against each other and found that the trijicons did not last longer than they were supposed to but the Mep's did and like I said that is all I ever use now and the damn price on the trijicons are to damn high, plus I like the sight picture I get with the Mep's unlike the trijicons where you really have look hard to see the sight's and line them up and get the correct sight picture, with the Mep's I can see just fine and I dfamn shure ain't straining to do all of the above to engage my target, save yourself the money and get the Mep's you won't regret it.

That is one AMAZING sentence!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
So what are you sayng?

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have alway used Meprolight night sight's on every gun I have owned and I would not use anything else, they glow brighter and last lnger than the trijicons I tested a set against each other and found that the trijicons did not last longer than they were supposed to but the Mep's did and like I said that is all I ever use now and the damn price on the trijicons are to damn high, plus I like the sight picture I get with the Mep's unlike the trijicons where you really have look hard to see the sight's and line them up and get the correct sight picture, with the Mep's I can see just fine and I dfamn shure ain't straining to do all of the above to engage my target, save yourself the money and get the Mep's you won't regret it.

That is one AMAZING sentence!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#10]
trijicon because i got them cheep
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top