Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2016 6:23:28 PM EDT
I am tired of the garbage stock sights on my G19. I am looking for nights sights to replace the stock sights. Meprolight, Glock, Trijicon, Warren Tactical, etc. What brand/style/color would you recommend and why?
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I really like my Ameriglo CAP sights. Huge and bright front sight, line on the back helps line up windage.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Sent the 17 to glock and I'm waiting for it to return, I've heard good things about them.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am tired of the garbage stock sights on my G19. I am looking for nights sights to replace the stock sights. Meprolight, Glock, Trijicon, Warren Tactical, etc. What brand/style/color would you recommend and why?
View Quote

I like glock night sights because they are cheap at a local police supply store. $80 and work great.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Really like my Trijicon HD (Orange) for my G17.  Been out of the sights game for a while though so not sure what is new.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like glock night sights because they are cheap at a local police supply store. $80 and work great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

glock does it for 57 shipped......

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Running Tru-Glo all green on mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I would go with the Trijicon HD for regular use and if you are going to use  for competitions go with warren fiber optics.
I have used Trijicons on my glocks and metros for my HKs and I prefer the Trijicons over the metros.
I also had a set of the big XS big dot sights on a glock that I bought used but I did not care for them and I switched them to the Trijicons.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they replace all your stripped slide parts for no charge prior to shipping it back.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
And they replace all your stripped slide parts for no charge prior to shipping it back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

x2. I've sent them 5 slides for night sights. The price can't be beat. Especially since they give you another $75 in free slide internal parts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
x2. I've sent them 5 slides for night sights. The price can't be beat. Especially since they give you another $75 in free slide internal parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?  If thats the case ill have to send mine in
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Ameriglo operators or trijicon HD.  Either with the orange outline.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I really like my Ameriglo CAP sights. Huge and bright front sight, line on the back helps line up windage.
View Quote
Also check out the Hackathorn sights , big orange dot is easy to see.

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Like others have said, send to Glock with slides stripped.

Two weeks ago I got back a G19, G20 and G21 with night sights and all new internal parts.

$57 each plus a small amount for shipping.

DO IT.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]
HD sights Ameriglo or Trijicon.  I think I like the Yellow outline.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Another vote for sending it in to Glock.

Turn around time for me was about 2ish weeks or so.  57 + some shipping and they will install your sights, check everything, replace/check internals.
Pretty darned good deal.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:32:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone know of a good pic or link comparing the Ameriglo/Hackathorn/Trijicon HD sights? I've looked them up but they all seem so similar. I'm wondering the pros/cons of these....
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I really dig the hackathorn sights from Ameriglo as well as the Heinie 8s.

I personally stay away from 3 dot trits.

Also, note that trits may not show up even in low light. With a torch, trits are washed out.

For my carry gun, I use Defoor ameriglos with the tritium on the bottom of the front sight
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I use Ameriglo Pros. It has a two dot tritium sight picture which I prefer to the three dot sight picture.

I like the orange outline on the front sight.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I installed TFO's on my 19 Saturday.
I have them on my Glock .40 &
all of my USP's.

I'm a green on green kind of guy.

John

Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Really like my Trijicon HD (Orange) for my G17.  Been out of the sights game for a while though so not sure what is new.
View Quote

This. Still the best and glock standard
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Before I sent to Glock, I got the Trijicon HD sights.

Very sharp edges.

They were unusable for my G26 for pocket carry.

Much as I love Trijicon, I have to say their HD sights are crap.

I wasted $100+ to learn this.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Before I sent to Glock, I got the Trijicon HD sights.

Very sharp edges.

They were unusable for my G26 for pocket carry.

Much as I love Trijicon, I have to say their HD sights are crap.

I wasted $100+ to learn this.
View Quote

Bit subjective.  I've carried them every day and haven't had too much problem, though they are sharp.  Not sure they were designed with IWB in mind, TBH.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it even goes father than that. I've had it done for 2 slides. With one of them it was a 20 year old G23 gen 2 and the locking block was cracked. I sent it with the slide and thought they would just charge me accordingly. They sent me a replacement for free !

People talk about it regularly here -
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/162634_Has_anyone_sent_their_slide_to_Glock_to_have_night_sights_installed__Happy__Cost_.html
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Ameriglo I-Dot Pros. I put the green set on my G19. For me, perfect in every way.

Pic of the sight picture.

Bub75
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ameriglo I-Dot Pros. I put the green set on my G19. For me, perfect in every way.

Pic of the sight picture.

<a href="http://s300.photobucket.com/user/bub75/media/008_zpsldswtlhn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn40/bub75/008_zpsldswtlhn.jpg</a>

Bub75
View Quote

I like that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in the same boat and want the Ameriglo Hacks but they are no where to be found
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I like the Tru-Glo TFX. Why? Because I'm in my 50's, my eyes aren't what they once were,  and I can see those sights easily.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:13:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sent the 17 to glock and I'm waiting for it to return, I've heard good things about them.
View Quote

I'll be sending in my G19 slide tomorrow or Wed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Does anyone know of a good pic or link comparing the Ameriglo/Hackathorn/Trijicon HD sights? I've looked them up but they all seem so similar. I'm wondering the pros/cons of these....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are the CAP sights.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I ordered some Ameriglo Protector sights last night.   They are really similar to the Hackathorn with just the tritium front and serrated rear.  I do like the rear u grove vs the square but I can always modify or buy a 10-8 etc.        Sights were $75.00 shipped so it's worth taking the chance on them
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By slide, do you mean the complete upper half of the gun, or just the actual slide itself? What if you have some aftermarket internals already in your gun?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Strip the slide of all internals. When it comes back it will have all new internals installed. You can put your aftermarket stuff back in and keep the new stuff as spare if you want...
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ill be selling my 10-8 rear with an Ameriglo front pretty soon here (Got some Tarans on the way).  Amazing set up!
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

By slide, do you mean the complete upper half of the gun, or just the actual slide itself? What if you have some aftermarket internals already in your gun?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the actual slide. If you strip it down and send it in for the night sights, they'll ship it back with the night sights and the rest of the slide internals (sans barrel and recoil guide rod assembly).
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I sent the barrel and stripped slide and got back a slide with all parts including rsa
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I sent the barrel and stripped slide and got back a slide with all parts including rsa
View Quote

You really got a deal then. Never heard of anyone getting an RSA too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Strip the slide of all internals. When it comes back it will have all new internals installed. You can put your aftermarket stuff back in and keep the new stuff as spare if you want...
View Quote

This, always this.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#38]
10-8 Performance or Warren Tactical... Plain rear with Fiber Optic or Tritium front
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Is anyone using the  Heine Slant Pro (CC sights) or the Ledge?

The Heine are more of a precision sight, just 0.125 wide front and narrow rear.

The Ledge is popular, like the Trijicon HD, easy to find the orange front sight.  My area of operations means I shoot at 30-50 yds alot and I like the precision of the narrow front but I'd like a quick "pick up" like you get with a luminescant front sight.  

Ive shot both at local range, borrowing other shooters pistols.  Dont know which way to go.  

The Heine has several front sight heights and I am sure I can zero POA and POI with the .235 or .250 front sight. (I'm still shooting high with a 6.1mm rear and standard front).  Std rear is 6.5mm so Heines are on my to do list just because Im sure I can zero at 50 yds with them.  

Ameriglo has alot of front sight options but Ive never shot one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:19:11 AM EDT
[#40]
According to Ameriglo, they will have the Hacks back in stock in 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:34:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Sent my slide in on the 5th and got it back yesterday. They look good but hopefully I can make it to the range tomorrow to check zero.

They rebuilt the slide for me and sent a new guide rod and spring. But it's a 1/4" too long!

Oh vey, guess I'll have to go visit some shops and see if they will want to trade me.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Amerigo Pro Operator front, plain (non-tritium) rear. Everything you need, nothing you don't. Front sight really pops when your eye aren't distracted by completely useless rear tritium. High quality, reasonable price. What more could you ask for.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#44]
I run rear from Ameriglo Hack and front from a CAP sight.  Square high viz paint settles nicely in the square rear notch.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#45]
I have shot a friends mod 21 (45 acp) a bit and waas shocked how big and bright the tritium is on the Glock rear sight.  It is really distracting from the front.  One reason alot of folks like the Straight 8 or i-Dot style two dot rear.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Truthfully I find all three dot types too busy, illuminated or not. I much prefer straight 8 or i dot style.

But $57 for new sights and a slide rebuild is too good to pass up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I run rear from Ameriglo Hack and front from a CAP sight.  Square high viz paint settles nicely in the square rear notch.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  The factory night sights glock installs are my favorite so far.  I have a 19 I bought used that has trijicons on it that I may send in for factory glock night sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top