Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 5:20:01 PM EDT
Okay guys...i'm trying to figure out which night sights to put on my new carry gun.  We've got all kinds to choose from out there.  However, I haven't seen proof showing which brand is actually better.  This is where you guys come in.  Post pictures of your sights in the dark.  Let's hear your opinions and back them up with the pictures.

I would also like to see some pictures of some Novak style sights.  Are they really worth the extra money?

You guys are picking my new sights...so let's see what you've got.

ETA - I would post some pics. of mine.  However, I own nothing but Meprolights...and thus have nothing to compare them with.  They are okay...but it would be nice if they were a tad brighter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay...found these online.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock 19 w/ Trijicons.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glock 19 w/ Trijicons.

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/ZZZardoz/G19sightpicture.jpg

Very nice...ever heard of the white circles rubbing off on trijicons?  I've been reading a lot of forums and its seems to be quite common.

For this reason only...i've been looking to purchase Meprolights.  Good or bad choice?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Glock 19 w/ Trijicons.

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b348/ZZZardoz/G19sightpicture.jpg

Very nice...ever heard of the white circles rubbing off on trijicons?  I've been reading a lot of forums and its seems to be quite common.

For this reason only...i've been looking to purchase Meprolights.  Good or bad choice?

I've only had experience with Tijicons, and I have heard about the white circles coming off. though mainly when they get solvent on them, IIRC. Meprolights are pretty popular with a lot of guys that know what they're talking about, so I'd say you can be reasonably sure that they'd be just as good as a set of Trijicons.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The white's on my Trijicons on two of my Glocks are still intact after nearly 10 years (eight for sure, I think they went on in '96 or '97 though). Still glowing too, though not as brightly as before. The Meprolights on my other Glock went on the same year. Seems to have faded (the tritium) about the same amount. I like both, but to me, the Trijicon always appeared "sharper". Based on my unscientific test/drills, it didn't seem to affect sight acquisition time though.

The Novak's on my (all newer) 1911's seem to work about the same as the Meps and Trijicons when they were new. I think all are fine products.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm thinking about going with the Novak sights.  Any opinions on those guys?  It's for a carry only Glock 23.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I just put Novak Wide Notch Tritium sights on my Kimber Pro Carry II.  Very nice sight and fast sight alignment.  The rear sight notch is .145 in instead of the standard .125 in, very nice for my old eyes.

http://www.novaksights.com/novak_wide_notch_sights.htm

Diamondback

A 45 may not expand but it will never be less than .45!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Okay guys...i'm trying to figure out which night sights to put on my new carry gun.  We've got all kinds to choose from out there.  However, I haven't seen proof showing which brand is actually better.  This is where you guys come in.  Post pictures of your sights in the dark.  Let's hear your opinions and back them up with the pictures.

I would also like to see some pictures of some Novak style sights.  Are they really worth the extra money?

ETA - I would post some pics. of mine.  However, I own nothing but Meprolights...and thus have nothing to compare them with.  They are okay...but it would be nice if they were a tad brighter.

What type of gun you running? Or did i miss it above..
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What type of gun you running? Or did i miss it above..

Wasn't for any gun in particular...but my next set of night sights will be for a Glock 23C.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...but my next set of night sights will be for a Glock 23C.

What's the point of night sights on a ported handgun?  They'll only be good for the first shot, then you'll see nothing but big spots after the flames blind you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the point of night sights on a ported handgun?  They'll only be good for the first shot, then you'll see nothing but big spots after the flames blind you.

Umm...no.  Your Glock-Fu is weak.

BTW - Don't waste your 556 post on another stupid comment!

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I checked, the 23C was a "compensated" .40 cal.  I've shot a ported XD40 at dust before, and the flames comming out the top were pretty big.  Am I missing something here?  Not trying to start a flame war (no pun intended) just curious to wher I'm wrong.

ETA: post 556 came and went. I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last I checked, the 23C was a "compensated" .40 cal.  I've shot a ported XD40 at dust before, and the flames comming out the top were pretty big.  Am I missing something here?  Not trying to start a flame war (no pun intended) just curious to wher I'm wrong.

ETA: post 556 came and went. I missed it.

You're not wrong.  The flames do affect your night vision.  However the difference between the flame comming out the barrel or the ports is not much different.  If you shoot during the night...your vision will be affected.  However...if it's that dark...you should have a flashlight on you.  If it's bright enough to not need a flashlight the flames will not have that much of an affect.  This is just through my personal experience.  YMMV.

-MEI

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
HEINIES!

Sorry I don't have a pic, but I have Heinies on my Glock and 1911, with tritium in the front only, and they're great.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#15]
here are my Meprolight night sights on my Glock17. the are marked AD (manufacture date = 2004).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#16]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top