Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:42:05 AM EST
How difficult would it be for me to replace my USP40C factory sights with night sights? do I need any tools? I heard that I can send my slide to trijicon and they will install them, but I like to do all my own work myself. On the other hand, I don't plan on replacing them ever again, so I don't know if any tools would be a necessary investment. Should I just use a punch and a vise? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 8:30:35 AM EST
IMO, it's worth it to send the slide for a po-fessional installation. I've seen too many slides with bugger marks from changing out the sights. Not to say that you would certainly do this, but I (we) don't know your level of expertise.

In addition, having Trijicon do the work gives one an immediate back-up should any sort of warranty issues arise down the road.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 3:37:05 PM EST
I did it myself, without a vice to boot. With a vice its easy. They sell a sight installation tool for an ungodly price, I used a hammer & punch instead.

Take a pencil, make index marks of where your sights are positioned now.
Put the slide in a vice. Good idea to put a rag or something around the slide so you don't marr it up. Drift out the old sights with the punch, drift in the new sights. Drift them all in the same direction. I.E. If you drift the sights out left to right, install the new sights left to right. If you have an authorized trijicon dealer do the install you get their warranty.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top