Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 11:35:39 PM EDT
I have been considering getting some of the factory plastic grips for my SIG 220. I noticed on the new 226 I looked at that the new factory plastic grips have a type of contour that makes the grip very comfortable. Are the plastic 220 grips similar because the houges I have do not really do it for me on this pistol. I usually love houge rubber grips though. Has any one held both types of grips on the 220 or do you have both?

Thanks for any information given.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I've tried both.  I'm back to the factory grip, it seems much smaller.   I also added a sig short trigger and it helps a bit too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have them with finger groves and they are the best..... they are just as good without them..... I goto almost every gunshow and they have a lot of the none finger groove grips there and they are very comfortable...... they look good too.... but dont let me tell you, you have to find out for yourself......either way with or without grips you can't go wrong.... still a good feel... still a good gun
headbang.gif
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've tried both.  I'm back to the factory grip, it seems much smaller.   I also added a sig short trigger and it helps a bit too.

Thanks all for the info.

Mr 45,

So you think the factory plastic grips feel smaller than the houge rubber grips. Mne do not have finger groves and I really do not want them on this pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
they are smaller, because the hogues are thicker than the factory plastic.

i love the grippyness of the hogue, but they're about 3mm too thick for that "perfect" fit, why i bought the sig to begin with.

oddly enough, my usp expert .45 has a completely comfortable grip as well
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
well if you are going to conceal your gun then the hogues might make it harder to slide out of IWB holsters
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:13:38 AM EDT
[#6]
My non-finger grove Hogue's are perfect for me on the 220ST.
Are you using the finger grove or non-finger grove type?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Non finger grove. They are not bad I would just like to get it a little thinner if I could. I like houge grips and have some coming in the mail infact for my Witness 10mm and CZ 75B. They might prove to be to fat on my 10mm but we will see. Thanks for all the information guys and I think I will pick up some factory plastic and some checkered wood houges down the road. Satin stainless just screams for nice wood in my opinion but it is not in the cards at this point so factory plastic it is.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a P220ST with the factory HOGUE grips and to me they feel more comfortable than the regular grips.....Sellsman showed me a p220 first (black steel) and then a P220ST (stanless and tact rail) and i paid $100 more because of the better feel.
I would say try the Hogue grips w/o fingergrooves. WORKD FOR ME ! BTW i have dont have large hands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top