Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2002 1:13:46 PM EDT
Is there really a difference?  I hear about the old W. German Sigs being of better quality and such than American made ones.  And then I hear how the new stainless slide Sigs are alot better than the stamped ones.  Is quality comparable between the two.  I have an old Sig P226 and a newer P229 and I can't really tell the difference other than the new one still has most of the blackening on the slide.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:07:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that the attention to detail on the older W. German SIGs is better.  I see more flaws(i.e. blemishes and machining marks) on the newer guns than on the older ones.  As far as how they operate, I see no difference.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Is there really a difference?  I hear about the old W. German Sigs being of better quality and such than American made ones.  And then I hear how the new stainless slide Sigs are alot better than the stamped ones.  Is quality comparable between the two.  I have an old Sig P226 and a newer P229 and I can't really tell the difference other than the new one still has most of the blackening on the slide.  

So far over on SigForum we haven't seen any difference at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top