Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:58:09 AM EDT
I bought a NIB P14.45 yesterday and had a few questions. Hopefully enough people cruise by here and can answer them.

What kind of "upgrades" are available for this pistol? The limited comes with the ambi thumb safety - would this be a drop-in replacement for the standard safety on my pistol? Anyone have any experience with Para's customer service? I noticed after I brought my new toy home that the barrel bushing is cracked, so I'll be dealing with them on Monday. Lesson learned, always take the gun apart before you buy it to check these things out...
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:28:59 PM EDT
A friend of mine bought a full size Para .45 as a duty weapon recently. He is left handed, and he has to send the gun to a Para service center in Tennessee to have the safety changed. He told them he is a police officer, and they promised to expedite his request. He is shipping the gun tomorrow, so I don't know how their service rates.

I just bougt a Para Tac-Four P1345. I have been to the range twice, and I absolutely love this gun. The LDA trigger is amazing!

I'm sorry to hear you have a cracked barrel bushing. Is the gun new or used? Either way, I am sure Para will take care of it. Good Luck !
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:21:13 PM EDT
Well, I spent today learning now to strip the receiver down to the bare frame, so I know how to swap out a safety. It might simply be just a matter of "fitting" the ambi safety - a safety isn't exactly something you want to have out of tolerance.

I've heard nothing but good things about Para's customer service, so when I call them tomorrow I'm certain that I'll get the ambi question answered as well as a barrel bushing sent my way. I'll update one way or the other. And the gun is new, not used.

Everyone that I hear talk about the LDAs seems to love 'em. Mine is just the standard single action, but I can see an LDA in the future for my girl.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:35:39 PM EDT
Here's a link to their "pro" shop. I've ordered stuff from them before, had minor problems but they corrected them quickly. Ordered P-16 mags, got P-14 mags. They shipped the corrects ones before I sent the wrong ones back.

http://www.ltms.com/Default.htm
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:23:25 PM EDT
Sure enough, a quick phone call and a new barrel bushing is on it's way to me. Woohoo!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:08:44 PM EDT
That's great! I bet you can't wait to try it out.

If you ever get a chance, check out the LDA guns. They are double action, but it is so smooth. When target shooting you can pull the trigger back effortlessly to a point just before the hammer falls. It makes you shots very precise.

I hope your bushing arrives soon so you can enjoy your new gun.
Top Top