Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2005 8:11:16 PM EDT
I had a mission! Find the nicest Blue P232 for the lowest price

Saturday I visit an area gun shop and find a blue P230 which looked good, but for $350 seemed a little on the high side. Upon further inspection, the ejection side of the slide looked like it had been used to pound nails. A little touch up blue should make it fine but the price is starting to be unreasonable.

I pull off the slide and what I assume to be the ejector bar.. well it falls out on the counter. I told the guy he was out of his mind and went on to price a new one. 605... yeah right.

I come back to my local MC Sports and talk to the best firearms guy ever. He is constantly well below anyone else in the area and is a hell of a knowledge source. He cant get them and is quite honestly pissed off because he cant get them.

He sends me to the small town of Bedford Indiana, about 20 miles to the south of me. There I find a Stainless AB P232 with Nighsights and a Hogue grip...

Walked out the door with the P232, an extra mag and a rather pricey Galco holster for $480

Since its my first stainless gun, I am not sure how well stainless holds up but it looks like it might have a few hundred rounds down it at most. I'm happy as a clam!

Pics and range report soon to follow.

This extends my german pistol collection to 3 with a Walther P99, HK USPT .45 and Sig P232

God I do love those germans!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny, I didn't see a P220 stainless in your list. Must have been a typo.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Funny, I didn't see a P220 stainless in your list. Must have been a typo.

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone here talks about BRD (Black Rifle Disease) but watch out for SPD!!!  (Sig Pistol Disease)  it's killer.  220 stainless.... HA!  Where is the CLASSIC P226 in 9mm?  Don't even dare mention that new X-FIVE Special Operations.  :: drool ::

No pretty rainbow colors?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the EBG bug bad

Black:
Interarms Walther P99
HK USP Tactical
Desert Eagle .50
Keltec P32
Remington 700 .300WM on a black AICS
Black synthetic Remington 870

and of course my AR

Now I have this stainless pile, thank god its covered by a black holster...

I figure like borris the blade says, maybe I can hit him with it

BTW, I'm looking for a gun I can carry under my shirt or in my pocket... I dont think the 220 fits that too well =/

I might pick up a 229 in .357sig or 226 in .40

My next fire arm looks like a Barrett 82A1, which will take some time... Maybe an A2 or A3 upper for my AR first =x
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top