Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2011 7:29:04 AM EDT
Greetings,

I recently traded for an Israel import T-Series high Power. From my research it was built in 1968.

It was refinished when it entered the country. Shoots like a dream. Appears to have the Flaming Bomb on the slide under the barrel.

Also I want to do something to the sights to make it more shootable, any suggestions without altering the gun permanently? The safety will be replaced soon as I can't stand the factory one.

craig

Link Posted: 8/31/2011 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet jewgun

Cylinder and slide has your safety

Could you PM me your source and price if any left please?

Id like to find something similar for myself
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 9:56:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Good looking gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2011 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than a dab of paint on the front sight you are pretty much out of luck.

The front sights on these older HP's were silver soldered/pinned in place. If you want ANY other sight you would need to have a gunsmith mill out a dovetail on the slide for new front sights. That won't be cheap. You would need to repark as well.

Link Posted: 9/1/2011 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The front sights on these older HP's were silver soldered/pinned in place. If you want ANY other sight you would need to have a gunsmith mill out a dovetail on the slide for new front sights. That won't be cheap. You would need to repark as well.

Any suggestions on type of paint? I checked Midway and the sight paint is fairly low rated, so unsure if it will suite my purposes. Will it hurt the park already on there? I don't want to alter the gun for sights.

Craig
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any suggestions on type of paint? I checked Midway and the sight paint is fairly low rated, so unsure if it will suite my purposes. Will it hurt the park already on there? I don't want to alter the gun for sights.

Craig

Wife's nail polish has been the standard makeshift sight paint for decades.

No ideas on if it would affect the park job permanently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig

Wife's nail polish has been the standard makeshift sight paint for decades.

No ideas on if it would affect the park job permanently.

Nail polish or model paint should not harm a parkerized finish.
Often a first coat of white makes a colored second coat brighter.

There are "glow in the dark" paints but I prefer plain ol white.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Degrease the park with acetone and paint the sights with the color of your choice. The parkerizing underneath won't be harmed at all.
I just scored a nickled HP from the same guy in Kentucky. Really great condition. It's a T series also. Mine had night sights installed. The tritium has long since degraded, so new ones may be in order.
He had some really nice ones to choose from. Nearly all were steel framed pistols. Don't think there were any aluminum framed ones in the batch.
Link Posted: 9/5/2011 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice Israeli 1968 T craig. I bought a 1967 T Israeli Police turn in earlier this year. Had it bead blast and blued locally. Then sent it off to Novak's for a trigger job and reliability package since I wanted a truck pistol I could beat around and fire 100% reliable. I added the C&S strong side safety which I really like. Positive engagement/disengagement. I don't have a pic of new black military grips I fitted. I'm now shaking around Novak sights...... The small bump and hump just isn't getting it, but pistol still shoots point of aim, point of impact. Here's a picture of my 1968 T's for the American market.

Link Posted: 9/5/2011 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will try the nail polish for this weekend, if I find the time. I will report on how it handles.

Craig
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top