Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2007 8:58:30 PM EDT
I work at a gun shop and we got in a SP01 and I really like the way the weapon feels however, I do not buy junk or anything that is inaccurate. My Sigs that I have are crazy accurate, so give me the scoop can a less than $500 pistol out shoot my Sigs?

Went ahead and got the SP01. I wanted a 9mm to shoot due to price of ammo and I read alot of good reviews about the CZ's. I am still keeping my Sig's however.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 12:36:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I can only tell you about my SIG and my CZs. My CZ97B out shot my SIG 220ST all day long. I have never seen a more accurate machine production pistol. My other CZs are just as accurate as my 220ST was if not a little more. I have never shot an SP01 though but my P01 is dead accurate. I would not trade my P01 for any 9mm on the market but I admit that there is a little biased involved and I am a CZ nut but every thing I said is true as far as how accurate mine are.
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 12:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a sig 229 in .357sig and a CZ75B in 9mm.

The sig will outshoot the CZ any day of the week.  It may be the cartidge, however.

Don't take this as a dig against the CZ.  It is an outstanding firearm.

Link Posted: 4/5/2007 3:08:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I certainly can't tell you if it is more accurate than your Sig.  What I can say is that judging a CZ by the price tag is a huge mistake.

Actually, I take that back.  They are rotten pistols, and way overpriced for what you get.  Tell your friends not to buy them.. :)  That will leave more for the rest of us that love them.

-Corn
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have learned from the instructors at work, and the other guys who shoot well, that most of it is the shooter.  In one person's hands a Rock Island 1911 might outshoot a Sig X5.  That isn't to say that the Sig is innacurate but just that the shooter really matters.  

Buy the CZ.  If you don't like it you can always sell it for about the same money.  And that is just the way guns are.  Some people like certain ones and not others.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 6:50:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2007 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I own both. Slight nod to the CZ for mechanical accuracy.  The TS models are crazy accurate.

Another thing to consider: most of the CZs use an all steel frame, making them heavy. Most of the Sigs are alloy frame (though they do, in fact,  make a special competition model of the 226 with a steel frame for competition - the 226 ST).

Heavy = less perceived recoil. If you want a Sig that produces less perceived recoil, get the heavy steel frame model - Sig226 ST.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#7]
CZ 75 ( 9mm ) is one of the most accurate Cz's made
I to own a 357 sig and love it.
However in the long run the CZ 75 will out shoot most auto pistols
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 5:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't speak for the SP01 but the P-01 is awesome! Shoots MUCH better than I do but is super accurate right out of the box. I'd say go for the CZ. You won't be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never fired a CZ-75B or P-01, but I've handled both in the store. The grip fits my hand perfectly, the sights are the best I've seen (admittedly, I haven't handled very many handguns- Taurus P92, Gryffin 1911, S&W auto of some sort, Taurus revolver, CZ-52, and a couple other pistols) on a pistol, and it points like it's part of my arm. It FEELS perfect and natural. I imagine that this is a large part of what makes them accurate shooters. I'm definitely getting a CZ-75B for my next gun.
Link Posted: 4/6/2007 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Never fired a CZ so I can't say from experience, but the P220 has a reputation for accuracy, and mine is no exception.

Every pistol I own outshoots my ability, of that I'm certain.
Link Posted: 4/7/2007 2:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
My CZ SP01 is the most accurate 9mm I have ever owned. That includes Glocks, SIGs, Rugers, Taurus, and Baby Eagles. However, you seem to be someone who has mastered SIG's longer trigger travel, which is something I never had the patience for. Hence I suggest renting the CZ first to see how you like it. Especially if the trigger is broken in as CZ's tend to be gritty at first.
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I own a SIG 226 and CZ75B both in nine. I have several thousand rounds through both and I like them both. However, with most plinking ammo, (wwb, S&B etc) the CZ is more accurate by a slight margin. But it is nit picking as both are acceptable in the accuracy department. If I could only have one it would be the CZ but only because I have the Kadet 22 lr kit for it. I have owned other full sized 9mm pistols including Browning, HK and Glock. They are gone but the CZ and SIG will be in my will.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Sig 228 and a 225.  I just got a CZ-75B.  I would say that it is really a question of how often you shoot the different pistols.  I would say that short of using a ransom rest, each my three is equally accurate.  It may also depend on how each individual pistol fits your hand.  The 225 is the perfect fit for my hand (I have small hands) but it may not be the same for you.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top