Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2007 10:55:04 AM EDT
I recently got a Springfield GI 1911A1 clone, and swapped out the less authentic parts for more authentic ones.  I got it for nostalgia's sake (I used them in the Army) but it shoots one-hole groups at 7 yards, and I'm positive I'm the limiting factor

Now I'd like to buy or build a carry gun.  I really like the look and feel of the Ed Brown Bobtail MSH--seems like a great idea to me.  

The most bobtail 1911 for the money appears to be the Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail.  If you have one, how do you like it?

What are the alternatives, if any, at the Dan Wesson Commander Classic Bobtail's price point?

Another option I'm looking at is buying a Springfield Armory Loaded PX9104LP Lightweight Bi-Tone and having it bobtailed (I'd try carrying my GI concealed first).

The third option would be to build something.  I've built a few ARs and think I could handle a 1911 by gathering plenty of information first, taking my time and being supre anal about following instructions.

I'm also interested in 9x23, but I don't reload (yet) and the factory loads are limited.  Dane Burns makes a pretty good case for 9x23 on his website
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get a DW (and they seem to be a great gun for the money) make sure you get it dehorned.  EVERY DH I've seen had a LOT of sharp edges.

If you don't reload, pass on 9x23
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top