Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2010 10:30:48 AM EDT
I purchased a gen 4 glock 19 a few weeks ago (my first glock).  The pistol came with the glock night sights, which I dislike (not a fan of 3 dot sights).  A couple of days ago I took the pistol to my gunsmith to install the Heine straight 8 slant pros.  I shot a couple of magazines with the new sights yesterday and immediately noticed faster target acquisition as well as a significant improvement in accuracy.  I highly recommend these sights to anyone who isn't fond of 3 dot sights.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
This man speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I purchased a gen 4 glock 19 a few weeks ago (my first glock).  The pistol came with the glock night sights, which I dislike (not a fan of 3 dot sights).  A couple of days ago I took the pistol to my gunsmith to install the Heine straight 8 slant pros.  I shot a couple of magazines with the new sights yesterday and immediately noticed faster target acquisition as well as a significant improvement in accuracy.  I highly recommend these sights to anyone who isn't fond of 3 dot sights.

I'm thinking about Heinie Sights, can you tell me how you like them.  what's the quality?  Which sights do you have, tritium, fiber optic, regular?  Where di you get them?  What size front width and rear notch?  Any height difference between them?  I want to put them on a G17 RTF2 that I want to use for competitions and I am looking at them on Midway.  thanks for them help.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the .140 rear .125 front in straight eight format. They make a height just for the 19.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What'd you do with the factory sights?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking about Heinie Sights, can you tell me how you like them.  what's the quality?  Which sights do you have, tritium, fiber optic, regular?  Where di you get them?  What size front width and rear notch?  Any height difference between them?  I want to put them on a G17 RTF2 that I want to use for competitions and I am looking at them on Midway.  thanks for them help.

I have the tritium sights, stand rear notch, not sure what width the front is.  I ordered them from midwayusa.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them at home.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them at home.

How much for the factory night sights?
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them at home.

How much for the factory night sights?

PM me, I'm sure we can work something out.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:10:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a pic of the new sight picture? I was thinking about throwing some night sights on my g17.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:42:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Heinie's are great sights have the streight eight night sights and the slant pro versions on 1911'a and Glocks. The only thing i can criticize is there finish. I have 2 Glocks I carry all the time a G19 for CCW in various holsters some IWB and a G17 which gets carried on my hip while on the tractor,lawn mower erc. The sights tend to rust when exposed to the elements like sweat,rain etc. I cleaned the guns after each use outside as I tend to play and shoot a little in the pasture. The surface rust will come off and I coat them with a little clp but after another use both sets of sights are back to the rust again. It finally got so bad that the Heinie's on my G17 were rusted about all the time no matter what. I had a friend refinsh my slide with duracoat because the slide has seen some holster wear and he taped up the trijicon dots on the heinies and sprayed the sights as well. No more rust issues. Just thought I would add my experience..
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
i don't see pics.
why don't i see pics?
i want to see pics.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the Heinie's on mine and really like them. I'm a big fan of the 2 dot system

and I just put a set of the Warren Tactical sights on my Wife's Glock and I really like the U notch better. You get a lot more light around the front sight for a more precise shot.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

and I just put a set of the Warren Tactical sights on my Wife's Glock and I really like the U notch better. You get a lot more light around the front sight for a more precise shot.
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/gen4%20Glock%2022/Glock22gen4019.jpg

I use the black warren rear and a trit front.  it looks a lot like your pic, but I see the trit rear washed out.

I honestly think you can put any sights on a glock and see an improvement in speed and accuracy over the fat factory sights.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/gen4%20Glock%2022/Glock22gen4019.jpg

I use the black warren rear and a trit front.  it looks a lot like your pic, but I see the trit rear washed out.

I honestly think you can put any sights on a glock and see an improvement in speed and accuracy over the fat factory sights.

I have the same setup as you, GTZ, on my Gen4 G17 and I also agree that this setup makes a huge improvement over the stock sights. I didn't think it would make a big difference, but boy was I wrong.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top