Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2003 11:57:40 AM EDT
So I forgot to post a little schpiel up here.  Friday, I went to Academy and picked up my new CZ75B.  Their price was about $60 better than the local gunstore I go to a lot.  (Gotta love Texas, I walked in, and was walking out with my new pistola in 25 minutes)  

Here she is:

The gun feels GREAT in my hand.  It's only maybe 1/4 inch wider in the grip than my 1911, which is pretty amazing.  The finish is PERFECT.  Feels great in my hands.  I took her to the range Saturday and ran 100 rounds of Winchester White Box (the 100rd Walmart special) and 100 rounds of Brown Bear that a friend gave me.  All fed and ejected fine.  ONE FTF using the Win, but I think it was mag related.  Only happened once.  Dunno, I'll keep an eye out if it happens again, could be a magazine.

Accuracy was good.  I could get 2" at 21 feet, but I wasn't REALLY trying.  I was more breaking it in.  With practice, I'm sure I could get the group smaller.  Trigger was nice.  DA pull is a bit long, and the SA does have a bit of take-up, but it breaks clean and crisp at maybe 3.5#.   Recoil was snappy, but muzzle flip was relatively small.  I'll be ordering a couple Wolff springs to drop in, as I heard some of the factory springs were coming too light.  The sights do seem a little small, but should be combat adequate.  

I ordered 2 15rd mags from Reddogxx on Gunbroker.com, for $45, shipping included!  Sweet!  Already picked up a Bianchi Minimalist holster, but since it's not IDPA 'approved', I ordred a Don Hume JIT slide.

Prices are going up.  Get one soon, if you have any interest in the CZ pistols.  They're definitely worth the $$.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:42:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[Travolta]Yeah, isn't it cool?[/Travolta]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
congrats! nice pistol
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It is a great pistol!!!  I have one just like it.  Try putting a Hogue rubber grip with finger grooves on it.  You can find them almost anywhere for less than twenty bucks.  You will find that it fits your hand even better and improves aim ability.  Also gives a good non-slip grip at those hot shooting sessions.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's a great pistol.  I really like the feel of it.  thedr13, I'm not much a fan of the wrap around grips... a friend put some on his 1911, and I didn't like them much at all.  I kinda like having the smooth front end, although some suface would probably be nice to prevent slipping when shooting.  It doesn't bother me.  I'm just gonna get a pair of the CZ factory rubber panels and see how I like those.  They're cheap.   Maybe later on, I'll try some of Hakan's wood grips.

I'm going to shoot her in an IDPA match this weekend (as long as my two extra mags get here on time!).  I'll try to post a review of the match when I get done with it.  

:D

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top