Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 2:26:23 PM EST
first of all, i'm glad to be onboard! seem to be a lot of well informed members here. anyway, i'm fairly new to handguns, and i've got a quick question: how can i tell if my custom II has an internal or external extractor? sorry if that's a stupid question. reason i'm asking is, i'm getting a FTE ever so often and the guy at the custom shop asked me if i had internal or external extractor. of course, i didn't know and he just told me to send it in anyway. but i'd still like to know. the gun is approx 3 years old. i'm using wilson mags, and i get the FTE with every kind of ammo i've used. thanks for any advice or suggestions!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:22:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/17/2004 4:22:41 PM EST by SGB]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:43:33 PM EST
i'm in the process of totally breaking it down right now. what's the best way to clean the channel? as an aside, i'm having trouble getting the mainspring housing pin out. i'm guessing it pushes out one way? push on the indented end? it gets mostly out, but then hangs. i can see the slight indention in the middle of the pin, but it won't come out any further.

thanks for the info on the extractor!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:18:02 PM EST
Havent needed to break down the mainspring on mine yet - so perhaps someone else could chime in.

As for the extractor channel - I've found a Q-Tip, loaded with the cleaning solution of your choice (I use Butch's Bore Shine) fits perfect in the channel with no worries of getting it stuck...let her sit for a few minutes, and repeat if necessary. Dry her out with some dry Q-tips, and volia!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:11:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By wy4tt:
i'm in the process of totally breaking it down right now. what's the best way to clean the channel? as an aside, i'm having trouble getting the mainspring housing pin out. i'm guessing it pushes out one way? push on the indented end? it gets mostly out, but then hangs. i can see the slight indention in the middle of the pin, but it won't come out any further.

thanks for the info on the extractor!

Push it out from left to right when viewed from the rear of the gun. The indent should be on the left side. It might take a good solid wack to get it to pop free, but not overly so. I can normally push mine out by hand once I get the initial bond broken free.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:54:10 AM EST
Welcome to the site, wy4tt.
Top Top