Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/5/2005 8:38:04 AM EDT
As cheap as they are I may get one just to satisfy my curiosity. They feel WAY better in the hand than the glock.
Link Posted: 7/5/2005 4:48:57 PM EDT
The people I know that have them really like them. For $325 or so NIB, they're a great buy for the money, IMO.

Link Posted: 7/5/2005 5:52:21 PM EDT
I keep watching for someone that has one to say what they are like after 1000 or so. If they are good I might get one for each of my boys for in the future. I am also watching the Taraus 24/7 .45.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 7:19:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By GenghisKhan:
I am also watching the Taraus 24/7 .45.

AS am I, it too was a promising looking pistol with a nice, more upright grip angle. It's thumbsafety was ver nice and easy to use and the DAO was not bad.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:27:48 PM EDT
my friend has one i liked the feel of it but i hated the trigger but thats just me

still a good gun for the price
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:47:08 PM EDT
I had one of the first gen Sigmas and it was absolute garbage. Wouldn't feed worth a damn. With my gunsmithing skills now I might massage it and get it to work, but back then I was a noob and all I knew was that I couldn't shoot ten shots before it got "stuck" again.

They might have corrected the issue with the second generation models, but with police trade-in Glock 22s running $375, why bother with the knock-off?
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:48:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RTOinIraq:
my friend has one i liked the feel of it but i hated the trigger but thats just me

Same here, I hate the trigger alot
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 3:51:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2005 3:52:28 PM EDT by twonami]

Originally Posted By Taxman:

Originally Posted By RTOinIraq:

+1
I was looking at a used one but noticed the shitty trigger so i looked at a brand new one and it still sucked
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 7:07:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By -Duke-Nukem-:
I had one of the first gen Sigmas and it was absolute garbage. Wouldn't feed worth a damn. With my gunsmithing skills now I might massage it and get it to work, but back then I was a noob and all I knew was that I couldn't shoot ten shots before it got "stuck" again.

They might have corrected the issue with the second generation models, but with police trade-in Glock 22s running $375, why bother with the knock-off?

I agree with everything said here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:30:40 AM EDT
I personaly decided to go with a Tarause or a witness. You get more caliber choices with a witness also.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:56:41 PM EDT

This may seem like a stupid question, but you can just take it to a gunsmith, can't you?

At least, that's what I'm hoping. I've got one and the trigger's the only thing I don't like about it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:44:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Darx:

This may seem like a stupid question, but you can just take it to a gunsmith, can't you?

At least, that's what I'm hoping. I've got one and the trigger's the only thing I don't like about it.

From what I have read on another board you can have the Sigma Triggers made lighter, supposedly down to 5.25 lbs.

Though I have never met or used his services, I have seen "Daniel" mentioned elsewere for such trigger work:

southpawdan67@msn.com

Hopefully this can improve things for you.
chissel
Top Top