Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:25:44 AM EDT
Okay, gotten back into 1911's and I obviously need at least one two Colts.

Three models have gotten my interest, but I need to know more about each. The Gunsite series is one, the 70 series repro and the 1991's.

1991. What are the differences here, from an original 70 series model? Do these have the series 70 or 80 firing mechanism? Are they full of MIM parts, or no? (If some, do you know which parts?)

70 series repro, what about MIM in these?

Gunsite series, same question, MIM?

Thanks in advance, any info will help me decide on my next (first modern day) Colt purchase. Now if I'd have only kept that Combat Commander from years ago......

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The 1991 models are Series 80 with the firing pin safety, IIRC?

As for MIM parts, the trigger, mainspring housing are, I'm not sure about the sights???

No clue on the retro 70 models being made now, I haven't seen one up close.

No clue on the Gunsite model either, sorry.

The good news is, you can quickly change any and/or all of the MIM parts fairly easily & cheaply. Buy what you want & then go from there. After all, isn't that why we own 1911s??????
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top