Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 1:59:50 PM EDT
I know there are lots of threads from new owners bascially saying the same thing.

But I picked up my P3AT today. I'm really enjoying it. I love the fact that it's half the weight and has a much smaller profile then even the smallest snubbies. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm going to head to the range tomorrow with a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I know there are lots of threads from new owners bascially saying the same thing.

But I picked up my P3AT today. I'm really enjoying it. I love the fact that it's half the weight and has a much smaller profile then even the smallest snubbies. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm going to head to the range tomorrow with a couple hundred rounds.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I haven't shot it yet, but I'm going to head to the range tomorrow with a couple hundred rounds.

It is really a 50-rounds-then-clean/lube-type pistol.  If you go in with reasonable expectations of what it can and cannot do, you won't likely come home disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I ran 150 through mine first time out, no trouble. 100 rds. WWB, and 50 380 Ranger T. Only failures, one double feed (failure to extraxt) in the first magazine, and one failure to fire (primer dented fine.).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I ran 150 through mine first time out, no trouble. 100 rds. WWB, and 50 380 Ranger T. Only failures, one double feed (failure to extraxt) in the first magazine, and one failure to fire (primer dented fine.).

Many P3ATs don't like the narrow rims on WWB to begin with, and a dirty chamber increases the chances of FTE.  The other failure sounds like a bad primer.  Another possibility:  if you don't allow the trigger to reset all the way, it will drop the hammer off the hammer block.  This will create a shallow dent in most primers, but not ignite them.  Not likely since you said the dent was normal though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top