Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2006 10:29:12 PM EDT
Just got a new XD Compact, 4 extra hi-caps and a half case of ACP.ht,
I don't really like the sights at all, though. It's always the sightshi-vis/nite
TruGlo?
Heini?
GPS?
Beamz?

What do you think for a sight swap? The TruGlo's have me interested.
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Heinies, meps or Trijicons.
Let a shop do it. The XD sights are a bitch to install without a pusher
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:

Car jack and shim is all I need.
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 10:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, they were the hardest sights I've installed so far
Link Posted: 12/22/2006 10:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
Good luck, they were the hardest sights I've installed so far

Yeah, I've read that elsewhere. There's no way I'd do it myself. Just a little humor.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 5:34:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm in the same boat.

If you could, update this thread with whatever you decide on and maybe give a range report.

I'm trying to decide first what kind I want, then where to have them put on at. Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Check here.  I had a customer try in change his sites on his.  He wished he had not tried.  
www.xd-hs2000.com/
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#7]
2nd time at the range today. 150 rounds, no problems. 14 rounds at a time goes really fast:) Still shooting left, dammit. I noticed its alot snappier with the 10 round mag. Makes sense though.

Wouldn't mind an extended mag release also. That thing is kind of hard to get to.

Final thoughts:

1. I still shoot better with a 1911

BUT

2. I LOVE MY XD ALREADY!

I mean, come on, whats not to like? Sub-compact .45 or 14 rds. of ACP if you need it. What's not to like.

Especially because it worked right out of the box. Those Croat's must have some good manufacturing capabilities.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I was on Novaks website.  Those sites look awesome and they come standard on Springfield 1911 TRP's.  With the dovetail they should work on the XD.

Daryn
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#9]
TruGlow's TFO - Tritium Fiber Optic
Fiber optic for day light / Tritium for night sights......best of both worlds
It's like chocolate and peanut butter together in a candy bar!
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I am buying a XD 45 compact since the XD 9mm SC was annexed by the wife this week.

She is going for her CCL.

Where is the best place to buy one online and what should I expect to pay?

The best I have found is $460 plus $30 shipping.

Link Posted: 1/5/2007 4:14:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I have trijicons on all my stuff but considering trying the TRUGLO.
I have their TFO sight on my bow and have been real pleased with it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2007 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I was looking at some Sig nightlights at cheaperthandirt.com for $52 I think.  Work fine with the XD.
Link Posted: 1/10/2007 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I paid $529 for mine. I know I could have saved a few bucks but WTF, I NEEEDED it NOW! Plus, the salesman was rude to boot, which really sealed the deal. A-holes. I've since found a much better funshop here in KC.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Please Delete.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
I just ordered green/yellow TRUGLOW tritiums for my XD-45 Tactical. It seems the guys over at XDtalk like them alot so I'll give it a shot, most of my handguns sport Trijicons.

As for the installation difficulties I have access to one of these:

www.brownells.com/Images/Products/387100000.jpg

I should be OK right?

Nice. Are the components that press against the sight and slide steel or do they some anti-marring thing like Delrin?
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I just installed the True Glow sights with Tritium tonight. I am going to post about the ordeal, but I don't have pictures of the pusher that I made. It was a bitch of the first order.

The sights are first class all the way. Very bright in daylight or night. I am very happy with them. I hope that I don't have to move them to sight it in! The aftermarket sights are much easier to push than the stockers. I am very satisfied with them and I would recommend sending it out to have them installed instead of doing it yourself. I built a pusher that is much tougher than the one in the picture, but it only pushes them out. It would push new ones in, but it would be difficult to use.
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#19]
CONGRATS! Your'e gonna love those sights
Link Posted: 1/12/2007 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I had yellow/green meps put on my XD45 and decided to go with the green/green TFOs on my new XD9SC.  I like the TFOs better and between the two they would be my first choice.  The TFOs seem to be brighter in the dark and really show up better than the white during the daytime too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2007 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just ordered green/yellow TRUGLOW tritiums for my XD-45 Tactical. It seems the guys over at XDtalk like them alot so I'll give it a shot, most of my handguns sport Trijicons.

I should be OK right?

I have one of those and it didn't even budge my XD45 sights a hair. In fact the torque that was created had the sight pusher twisting. Springfield uses a hydrolic press to mount and remove those sights. It is a real bitch to take them off. I finally had my gunsmith do it. He sprayed a little liquid wrench on both sights. then he used a steel punch and a BFH (big freakin' hammer) to knock out the original sights. After that all that was required to mount the new TruGlo TFO sights in the existing dovetail was light tapping with the same tools. Easier to remove now the second time around if needed. Good luck to all that try themselves, just be careful, use a padded vise and be careful to hit straight and not miss and scratch the surface as some have trying.

RC

Link Posted: 1/16/2007 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#22]
NOW that's what I'm talking about!
Nice Pic!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 5:31:11 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I should be OK right?

I have one of those and it didn't even budge my XD45 sights a hair. In fact the torque that was created had the sight pusher twisting. Springfield uses a hydrolic press to mount and remove those sights. It is a real bitch to take them off. I finally had my gunsmith do it. He sprayed a little liquid wrench on both sights. then he used a steel punch and a BFH (big freakin' hammer) to knock out the original sights. After that all that was required to mount the new TruGlo TFO sights in the existing dovetail was light tapping with the same tools. Easier to remove now the second time around if needed. Good luck to all that try themselves, just be careful, use a padded vise and be careful to hit straight and not miss and scratch the surface as some have trying.

RC

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y240/Stingerhp/IMG_0416a.jpg

Well now I definitely need them after that pic.
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Tru-Glo TFO,

I got them on my off-duty glock and now am trying to figure out how to justify it to the wife to put them on all my guns.
Link Posted: 1/16/2007 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Check here.  I had a customer try in change his sites on his.  He wished he had not tried.  
www.xd-hs2000.com/

Damn good advice. Even though I always change my own sights on my CZ's I sent my XD to James in AL for my TFO's. He's done a thousand of them. I can not think of any reason I would want to do mine myself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#26]
FWIW, I'm getting Dawson Precision sights installed by Scott Springer.  I have heard that the Novaks and Heinies will sometimes not sit completely flush in the dovetail.  I don't know if it's true or not, it's just what I have heard.  Those TFO's do look nice though...I may have to reconsider DP.

Blake
Link Posted: 1/18/2007 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
FWIW, I'm getting Dawson Precision sights installed by Scott Springer.  I have heard that the Novaks and Heinies will sometimes not sit completely flush in the dovetail.  I don't know if it's true or not, it's just what I have heard.  Those TFO's do look nice though...I may have to reconsider DP.

Blake

Don't know about the XD but the TFOs didn't sit flush on my Sig pro
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#28]
I need some TFO's for my XD45 compact.  I think I'll send them off to the website linked on the first page.  Anyone have any feedback on these guys?
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
www.xd-hs2000.com/

Is this your company?  I'm interested in having SOMEONE ELSE install some TFO's for me!  lol...someone who actually has the tools and experience.  I'd just goon up my gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 8:14:50 AM EDT
[#30]
This guy does excellent work, fast. He has many fans over at HD talk.

Springer

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.xd-hs2000.com/

Is this your company?  I'm interested in having SOMEONE ELSE install some TFO's for me!  lol...someone who actually has the tools and experience.  I'd just goon up my gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2007 8:40:48 AM EDT
[#31]
thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 9:23:36 AM EDT
[#32]
I just sent my slide over to XD-HS2000.  James, the owner was very knowledgable and straight up about his work.  I look forward to getting the TFO's installed and seeing how they perform.  I'll do a review when they come back.  

If you send him your slide it costs he'll install them for $100+$10 return shipping.  Not a bad deal at all!

I should have my slide back early next week.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

YUP!  I had a customer say he wished he had sent his off to have the sites changed.  Was not a pretty sight!
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YUP!  I had a customer say he wished he had sent his off to have the sites changed.  Was not a pretty sight!

Plus, a shop will realign your sights using a laser - it's much cleaner, precise, and there's something to be said for opening a package, installing your slide .... and being done with it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2007 9:52:06 AM EDT
[#35]
I just ordered the TRUGLOW tritium's and I'm have the Titanium Duracoat finish applied to the slide. I will go out in the mail today.  I just spoke with the owner and he told me if for some reason I just didn't like the TGT sights, he would swap them with something else.  He said, he would work with me.  Now that my friends is service!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#36]
....had an issue with XD-HS2000, but it was resolved.  It's tough when you expect a certain level of communication as is present with AR15.com vendors and businesses.  When you don't recieve it - the customer tends to freak....as I did.

I'm all set now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top