Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
I picked up a new Warrior Monday night and it has been hell waiting to go shoot it.  I finally got out this morning and put 200 rounds through it and no malfunctions.  WOW!What a sweet shooter.  My Glock is going to be jealous.

One question.  On one reload I pushed the slide stop to see how that would work and the slide did not come all the way forward to seat the bullet.  Then tried it again a little later and it did the same thing.  I am a slide grabber on reloads, but was curious as to how it would perform.  Any thoughts?  Wondering if that was pretty much normal for 1911's.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 8:31:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I picked up a new Warrior Monday night and it has been hell waiting to go shoot it.  I finally got out this morning and put 200 rounds through it and no malfunctions.  WOW!What a sweet shooter.  My Glock is going to be jealous.

One question.  On one reload I pushed the slide stop to see how that would work and the slide did not come all the way forward to seat the bullet.  Then tried it again a little later and it did the same thing.  I am a slide grabber on reloads, but was curious as to how it would perform.  Any thoughts?  Wondering if that was pretty much normal for 1911's.

My Desert Warrior did the same thing.  I put 300 rounds through it and it started doing it mid magazine as well as inital load with a fresh mag.  It is at Kimber for some fine tuning now, they assured me the weapon should function like I want it to (slide stop to release slide is how the instructions tell you to do it)   You spent big bucks and may need to do the same, call Dennis in the kimber custom shop and see what he wants you to do.  Just curious, what ammo were you using?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Winchester white box with Wilson mags
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Both the Warrior and Desert Warrior are coated, and they are tightly fitted.  The bottom barrel lugs probably need to be fitted a tad more, though shooting a few hundred more rounds may wear enough finish off the slide stop pin to solve this.  Give it a try, since it will at least be a good reason to spend some more time putting rounds down range.

I agree it will probably get better.  The Kim Pro finish I had on the feed ramp was starting to wear off but I would figure a little buffing compound on a polishing wheel would take it off.  I am sure the finish is causing the issue, I just sent mine in so I didnt have to think about it anymore.  Try putting another 500 rounds down range and report back, I would really be interested in what your results are.  And yes, they are extremely sweet shooters!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I just finished the 500rd break-in period with mine. I had a total of 5 FTFs. Not too bad, 1% failure rate. All were on the last round in a Wilson mag. Personally I think I was limp wristing it as when I discovered it appeared to be the same mag, I put the last 50 rounds through the mag and concentrated and didn't have a single issue after that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be taking mine back out this week for a few hundred more rounds.  I will let you all know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
My Warrior hasn't met a mag or ammo it doesn't like yet. Chips, Wilsons, factory Kimber, factory SA, some unmarked which I have no idea who made, no problems at all. Ammo has been mostly Winchester white box (1300+ rds of it alone), plus a box or two of everything I have in my ammo closet, Win. Ranger, Hydro-shocks of every size ( it LOVES 185 gr. +P Hydro-shocks), Gold dots, Golden sabers, etc, etc. Guess-tamating at least 1600 rds through it so far with out a single problem at all.  Sights are dead on. Everything that goes through it makes one ragged hole without even trying at the distances I shoot ( 7-10 yards). Just bought a Sure-fire X200 for it. Only thing I didn't like was the grips, replaced those with some double diamond checkered, dark wood with a border. They look VERY nice on it. I LOVE THIS GUN!!!!
Oh yeah, almost forgot, put one of those Wilson front straps on it too. So far it has worked well, more secure grip and has never come lose, although it has scratched the finish on the front strap somewhat, no biggie since I plan on having it checkered if this thing doesnt work out anyway.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to see pics of that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]
http://home.comcast.net/~wild_mn/8.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~wild_mn/9.jpg

I got mine back from Kimber here is what they did
*Polish the feed ramp
*Polish the breech face
*Ream the chamber
*Tuned the extractor
*Tweaked the slide release

This thing shoots everyhting I can load into a magazine.  I really couldnt be happier with Kimber customer service and my Desert Warrior.  I have close to 1K rounds through the pipe since I got it back and not a single issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top