Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2005 2:56:02 PM EDT
I just bougtht a Springfield TRP SS and I love it. Everyone I've talked to has replaced the MSH on it and the full lenght guide rod. So my question is, whats wrong with the stock parts and what should I replace them with? Also, can you convert the mag release so it's on the right side? Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2005 5:14:12 PM EDT by SGB]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:13:16 PM EDT
I just got a TRP about 2 weeks ago too.

Someone people are gunlock phobic - so they change the mainspring housing because of the lock in it. Some also claims that removal can alter the trigger feel. I am satisfied w/ the trigger on mine. Also, if you swop out the MSH, I think you must replace a few other parts, because they are heared for the lock.

As for the guide rod - I think a full length guide rod makes the gun cycle more smoothly. I like it. If I bought a professional, I would add a FLGR.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:15:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:02:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:

Originally Posted By Shipwreck:

As for the guide rod - I think a full length guide rod makes the gun cycle more smoothly. I like it. If I bought a professional, I would add a FLGR.

Say what U will. I prev had a mil spec in the 1990s, and I liked the way it cycled better after I added the guiderod. It must not be all of my imagination, because I have seen others post the same. And, when I did this, none of these gun chat sights were around, so I had no one to talk to about it, or get influenced about it.

So, everyone can have their own opinion. I personally prefer the full length GR.
Top Top