Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 10:22:48 AM EDT
I am liking this! Screw .45 GAP, this is what I have been wanting. 14 rounds .45 ACP double Stack mags.

New XD45  in .45 ACP

XD haters need not post.

Disclaimer: (Sorry if it's a dupe)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Although I am a diehard Glock fan, the XD has always intrigued me to some extent.  This will be the one I buy, as long as the grip frame is not overly large!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Although I am a diehard Glock fan, the XD has always intrigued me to some extent.  This will be the one I buy, as long as the grip frame is not overly large!

Its reported to be smaller than the G21 grip...
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
14 rounds is 13+1

not 14 round mags.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Grip is smaller than a G21.  The store by me had one and I got to check it out.  I was really impressed...    But, I'm gonna hold off till the 5" model comes out.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#6]
One of these, and one of the new P226 DAK sig's in 40s&w is on my holiday list
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a repost of some pictures I made showing the new XD compared to a Glock 21, Glock 22 and small frame xd service.

Here the XDACP is shown over the Glock 21 which is the largest framed Glock. Both the Glock 21 and 20 are the same size and are 45acp and 10mm respectively.

Here is the xd-45ACP (red) shown over a Glock 22 40sw. This is a medium frame Glock. I chose the 22 because it is the most popular law enforcement pistol in America today. As you can see for the most part the XD is taller but in the grip is still smaller which is impressive when comparing a 45acp to a 40sw frame.

Here is an XD-40 in red shown over the larger XD45acp. Both pistols are to scale and are aligned at both the front of the grip and the bottom of the Magazine base pads.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Been out of the loop for awhile, so I had to check out the SA webiste to believe this one.  This should be a big thing for SA, in fact I might even consider one even though I'm not an XD fan.  Its good to see them doing this.

ajamesp51,
Thanks for the comparison pictures.  That answered some questions before I could even ask.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice photochopping, James!  Nice to see you setting them straight here like you do over on XD Talk!  If possible, it would be great to see a similar pic of the width of the guns.  Also, you posted some pics on XD Talk showing why it will be impossible to mount other slides on this frame.  It'd be great to have those here to answer that question, too.

ETA:  This guy KNOWS XD's, folks!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:36:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Just bought a XD40 sub compact yesterday.  This is next on my list!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Its reported to be smaller than the G21 grip...

That's not saying much...

I plan to try one of these out once they are widely available.  After forcing my small hands to learn to shoot the G21s, this thing might be downright comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#14]
So it seems to me.....  That this new XD pretty much makes the .45GAP totally useless.  Well, more useless than it already was
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here is a repost of some pictures I made showing the new XD compared to a Glock 21, Glock 22 and small frame xd service.

How about a pic of the width of the grip frame. XD vs Glock 21.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So it seems to me.....  That this new XD pretty much makes the .45GAP totally useless.  Well, more useless than it already was

Oh, I don't know. They could always market .45 GAP as a round for women! Floral designed ammo boxes and warm fuzzy ammo ads in women's magazines, maybe even scent the primers with the latest fragrances so they can have designer pot-pourri smells while shooting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn................another pistol to buy
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

As I stated in the other thread, I must respectfully disagree.

The GAP still shines in applications related to it's original design-purpose - .45ACP power in a smaller package.  I haven't held one yet, but I suspect the new scaled-down SA mini-1911 ("Defender"???) will be an excellent example.  Also, there are some who (right or wrong) are Glock loyalists and will not even consider this pistol.  For them, especially those with small hands, the .45GAP Glocks can be much more cofortable than the .45ACP Glocks.

I'm not saying that it will thrive (or even survive) for sure, but I am thoroughly unconvinced that this new XD (in which I am very interested, BTW, and I own 8 Glocks and no XDs) is its death knell...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:26:49 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As I stated in the other thread, I must respectfully disagree.

The GAP still shines in applications related to it's original design-purpose - .45ACP power in a smaller package.  I haven't held one yet, but I suspect the new scaled-down SA mini-1911 ("Defender"???) will be an excellent example.  Also, there are some who (right or wrong) are Glock loyalists and will not even consider this pistol.  For them, especially those with small hands, the .45GAP Glocks can be much more cofortable than the .45ACP Glocks.

I'm not saying that it will thrive (or even survive) for sure, but I am thoroughly unconvinced that this new XD (in which I am very interested, BTW, and I own 8 Glocks and no XDs) is its death knell...

Kind of like the 30-06 vs 308. Similar ballistics, smaller package. But the choice of the name "GAP" was poor marketing at best.  "Glock Automatic Pistol" is not the name you want for a cartridge if you want it to be universally  accepted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
...Kind of like the 30-06 vs 308. Similar ballistics, smaller package. But the choice of the name "GAP" was poor marketing at best.  "Glock Automatic Pistol" is not the name you want for a cartridge if you want it to be universally  accepted.

Agreed, 100%, on the "bad marketing" comment.  

On the other hand, IIRC they originally wanted to call it .45 Glock (a la .40 S&W, which hasn't been hurt by the "proprietary" name), but were told they couldn't by SAAMI or whomever...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Someone had a link to an ad for the XD, it did look thinner than the Glock and HK that were next to it...

www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl-45acp-comparison.shtml
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Love this thing and it may make me add XD's back to my mix. Got to love this pix:

.............................................................................^
............................................................................||

When I say that the Glock doesn't fit my hand, look at the ghetto butt on that grip that the blue caret points to on the bottom right corner of the pix.
That is what Glock needs to take off of their grip. That thang. A ghetto butt grip. The Glock's got back.

That thang is why I'm probably going to get this instead of considering a Glock 21. Choice between this and a 1911, I'm going to have to go with the XD.

wganz
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmm was trying to find some ballistics comparisons of .45 GAP vs .45 ACP.

Seems in the 230 grain projectile the .45 GAP lacks some punch compared the ACP.

Is there a GAP here (pun intended)?

Anybody have a link to some meaningfull ballistic comparisons that show one better than the other in any way, or not?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Damn !!!I already have an XD ,and now I am going to have to get another one ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top