Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 11:33:14 AM EDT
My cherry's popped. I got my first 1911 yesterday.  NIB from classic arms for $299.  This thing is freakin' sweet.  I took it out this afternoon and ran some 230 gr. "full metal case" from georgia arms.  I was expecting alot of recoil but, this was not the case.  It's now my favorite handgun.  I guess because it's so heavy but this is a sweet shooter.  I was surprised that it is very accurate.  I can contol this better than any of my other pistols.  I'm hooked now so I guess I need to get more money to get the commando version, right?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking at those too. Keep us updated as to how she runs and let us know about any problems, . . . if you have any.  

Looks like a good 1911 intro gun.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I also purchased one yesterday. After a good cleaning, it fired 230grn lead ball, Silver Tips and Winchester 230grn FMJ without a single stoppage. I was surprised with the quality you get with a $300.00-$350.00 dollar .45. At 20yrds, it was holding 3 inch groups, although about 2 inches high. The windage is dead on. I'm sure it will group better when the wind drops below 30mph.
Good buy for the money!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I also purchased one yesterday. After a good cleaning, it fired 230grn lead ball, Silver Tips and Winchester 230grn FMJ without a single stoppage. I was surprised with the quality you get with a $300.00-$350.00 dollar .45. At 20yrds, it was holding 3 inch groups, although about 2 inches high. The windage is dead on. I'm sure it will group better when the wind drops below 30mph.
Good buy for the money!

+1, it is a good buy...and a great gun for the price. Also a good base gun to tinker with if you want to try some mods yourself.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#4]
did you buy it at a gun show or what?  I live near them, but can't buy unless its at a gun show I guess as they have no retail store
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my RIA at the Charlotte gun show from classic arms. 50 bucks cheaper than anyone else.  I was also looking at the SA.  I'll probably get a compact 1911 next.  Maybe the SA champion.  This pistol is awesome.  I went to Gander Mountain and got some .45 wolf for 7.99 a box.  I got 5 boxes because it was all I could carry on my motorcycle. I'll probably get some more this weekend.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top