Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2003 7:15:18 PM EDT
I saw some prices for NIB P-38s on a couple of web sites for $340 or so. I thought these hadn't been made in several years?

The one I bought was an East Bloc import for $275 or so, IIRC.

Has anyone seen these ads?
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess is they are P1s. The P1 is a variation of the P38. If so, they are police trade ins; mine had wear on the outside but was like new insides. I gave $198 plus transfer fee and tax for mine and I feel it is a best buy. regards, Richard
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
West German Army surplus stocks.  At least mine was that I bought a year or so ago.  

A brand new P-38 would be 700 or better last I saw.  Were always a very epxensive piece.

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
But isn't the P-38/P-1 discontinued? I recall their "Anniversary" model back in the late 1990s was supposed to be the final hurrah?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
You may be right.  I haven't seen a "new" P-38 in years.   The commercial versions were always pretty scarce.  With all the wondernines out in the last twenty years I can't imagine there is any room in the market for them.

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 1941 AC, second variation, all matching. Neat gun, the first successful DA semi auto. I hope the trigger pull has improved, mine is horrendous!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I hope the trigger pull has improved, mine is horrendous!!!

Not really, it seems the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top