Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2016 6:54:04 PM EDT
So I just picked up a PCR a few days ago and I noticed the slide stop sticks out a little farther than I would have thought it should.  Theres a pretty noticeable gap between it and the frame. I havent gotten it to a range yet, but it functions perfectly fine with manual operation.  Im still curious if its normal though.

Thanks...
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 8:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Just checked mine, and it is flush.
Looks like maybe the retaining spring leg is not fully seated in the groove on the cross pin?
Have you tried pushing the slide back to line up the take down marks and snapping it in further?

ETA: Remove the slide from the frame and then just put the slide stop in without the slide, so you can visually see how it
mates with the retaining spring. Tip: You can also polish the end of the shaft with some fine stones to make take down and insertion of the
pin easier.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just checked mine, and it is flush.
Looks like maybe the retaining spring leg is not fully seated in the groove on the cross pin?
Have you tried pushing the slide back to line up the take down marks and snapping it in further?
View Quote

Yeah, Ive tried pushing it in more.  I took the slide off and installed it without the slide and everything seems to be fine except that gap.
The more I looked at it, the more it seemed like the slide stop was misshapen or something.  The gap seems to widen more towards the end of the stop, like its bent.  I just thought it was weird that there was that big of a gap yet it still worked, so I had to ask if it was normal.

When you lock the slide back and look inside, where the slide stop locks the side, its sitting flush right up against the slide.  I looked at my P-09 and it doesnt sit flush against the slide like that, theres a bit of space between them.  I know they arent the same gun, but I was just looking at whatever I could for comparison.  My P-09 and Jericho are the closest thing to the PCR that I have.  So it made me think the PCR should probably have a bit of space between them too, but the part is just misshapen.

I guess Ill just order a new one and see what happens.  Or maybe CZ will just send me one... because I just looked and they cost $35.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a picture of mine with slide removed.
The slide lock pin serves a few functions, first and foremost as the pivot point for the barrel cam, secondly, as a slide lock, and third
as a take down pin. If all of those things work, I guess it is "normal". However, CZ is good folks, if you send them that same pic
they are likely to send you a replacement free o' charge, especially if the gun is new.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ill be honest, stuff like that drives me crazy.  
I know function is the most important thing and all that, and it seems to work how its supposed to.  Its not even like the slide is making contact with the part inside the gun or anything, but I do think it looks pretty shitty with that gap like that.

Hopefully theyll just send me the part, because it is a new gun.
And Im the kind of person that would spend $35 on the part to make that gap go away, even though I really dont want to haha.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ill be honest, stuff like that drives me crazy.  
I know function is the most important thing and all that, and it seems to work how its supposed to.  Its not even like the slide is making contact with the part inside the gun or anything, but I do think it looks pretty shitty with that gap like that.

Hopefully theyll just send me the part, because it is a new gun.
And Im the kind of person that would spend $35 on the part to make that gap go away, even though I really dont want to haha.
View Quote

That could actually cause the gun to fit very tight in holsters. I'd want it fixed.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That could actually cause the gun to fit very tight in holsters. I'd want it fixed.
View Quote

Yeah, I actually didnt even consider that.
I contacted them through their website using that warranty form so Im just waiting to hear back from them.  I have a feeling Ill end up having to call them though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I looked at mine, it sticks out a little bit at the back, but not like that.  Doesn't effect holster fit, but yours sticks out a good bit more.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine sticks out the same way and i never had a problem, although i do find myself pushing the slide stop in sometimes. it always seems to catch my eye.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mine sticks out the same way and i never had a problem, although i do find myself pushing the slide stop in sometimes. it always seems to catch my eye.
View Quote

Same here.  I keep pushing on it like its going to make a difference.  Ever since I noticed it, its been bugging the shit out of me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
If you put a slide stop from an aluminum framed gun in a steel one it looks like that, but that's not your problem. I would guess the notch for the spring is cut in the wrong spot.

How far does it stick out the other side? PCR slide stop should stick out a decent ways.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you put a slide stop from an aluminum framed gun in a steel one it looks like that, but that's not your problem. I would guess the notch for the spring is cut in the wrong spot.

How far does it stick out the other side? PCR slide stop should stick out a decent ways.
View Quote

It sticks out a normal amount, I think.

To me, it looks like the gap gets wider towards the end, like the piece is misshapen or something.
I havent heard anything from CZ about it.  I think Im just going to get a new slide stop and see what happens because Im getting sick of looking at it haha.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top