Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/30/2011 7:43:15 PM EST
I ordered 3 17rnd 9mm M&P mags from Botach Tactical the other day and they came in today. I loaded them and then started to cycle through them. 2 of the 3 do not eject like the others - basically they release but do not fall or slide out I have to pull them out.. There is not really any resistance but they will not drop. Is this a common issue? Is there something I can do to them or do I need to return them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:47:59 PM EST
I got two of the same from Botach earlier this month(the price was too good to pass up). Have put at least 200 rounds through each of the two mags with no issues. It was my first order with Botach, but FWIW they are not known for uniform customer service engagements.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:54:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By chongo:
I ordered 3 17rnd 9mm M&P mags from Botach Tactical the other day and they came in today. I loaded them and then started to cycle through them. 2 of the 3 do not eject like the others - basically they release but do not fall or slide out I have to pull them out.. There is not really any resistance but they will not drop. Is this a common issue? Is there something I can do to them or do I need to return them?

Thanks

I have been under the impression that it's hit or miss with mags. I've had some that fall free, and some that need some help. Every class ive taken, no one shooting an M&P had every mag drop free. That's the only down side to our Tupperware guns. Even some of my glock mags need a hand dropping, I think its honestly just the nature of the beast.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:12:43 AM EST
So it's pretty standard or at least not that uncommon? That sucks.

Thanks for the responses.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:55:35 AM EST
Smith must be screwing something up. I have a dozen M+P9 mags that I use every week for USPSA Production division. I drop them in the dirt and never clean them. All of them ALWAYS drop free from both of my guns. If they are not doing so for you, call Smith direct and have them make it right.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:40:53 AM EST
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
Smith must be screwing something up. I have a dozen M+P9 mags that I use every week for USPSA Production division. I drop them in the dirt and never clean them. All of them ALWAYS drop free from both of my guns. If they are not doing so for you, call Smith direct and have them make it right.

Smith and Wesson doesn't make the magazines, Mec-Gar does.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:22:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2011 2:24:50 PM EST by StealthyBlagga]
Originally Posted By TheTacticalCoyote:
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:

Smith and Wesson doesn't make the magazines, Mec-Gar does.

S&W incoming inspection did not pick this up, so my original statement stands.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:38:53 PM EST
I was just making a statement, don't read too much into it. I am not criticizing you.
Top Top