Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 8:37:36 PM EDT
Picked up my new M&P 9 then headed to the range this evening.  Everything shoots and runs fine.  I just can't shoot consistently straight yet.  Same problem I have with my Sig P220.  I shoot left and low left.

Picked up some snap caps to practice dry firing.

SN is HAM, with test fire date of 11/28/12.  To me the trigger was very gritty and did not have a solidly noticeable reset.  So I don't think this gun has the new trigger that some have reported.

I think Ill be ordering an Apex Comp Aek and Dawson fiber optic front sight with plans to do some competition once I get accurate.

No pictures for now cause its just a boring California legal M&P.   Once I get the sight Ill post pics.  I would do a sushi with protection shot tomorrow, but my GF doesn't know I have any guns yet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I would do a sushi with protection shot tomorrow, but my GF doesn't know I have any guns yet.

Seems like as good a time as any to me.

Congrats on the purchase. Love my M&Ps, going to pick up a .40 FS and the other barrels to go with it (have a .45 FS and 9c now).
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a 1911 guy.  Have been since the late 70's.

But I bought a Glock finally.  Not impressive in the feel or accuray department.

Then I bought an XDM.  Better feel, better accuracy but still not like the 1911s.  So I bought another XDM (first was 5.25 competition and second was a 3.8" compact).  

Then, I picked up a S&W M&P.  The only thing that fits my hand better is the 1911 and the groups are just as good as the XDMs.  

One point/comment on the fiber optic sights.  The 5.25 competition XDM has them.  None of us like them.  Both my boys shoot just as good a group with the 3.8 compact as with the long barreled gun.  Both complain the front sight (fiber optic) is fuzzy vs. the standard metal front sight on the 3.8" model.  

Good luck with whichever one you choose.  And don't lose the metal front sight when you install the fiber optic in case you find the fiber optic sight ain't all that great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top