Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2013 1:11:54 PM EDT
Hey everybody.  Last year about this time I picked up an M&P Shield for CC and I love it.  I just got my tax refund and decided it was time to step up to a 45 that I could carry in the winter under the jacket.  I found a new M&P 45c in FDE at a local gun shop and snagged it up.  They actually had 2.  

Anyway, I now have a slight concern.  I broke down the gun and it does not seem as though the frame is perfectly straight and a gap opens up between the frame and rail as it goes towards the end of the barrel.  There is a gap between the frame and slide at the end as well.  I went back and looked at the other one they had in stock and it was the same way, however, they had an all black one and it did not have this issue.  They also had a 9mm VTAC in FDE that did have this issue.

Is this normal for the M&P?

I contacted S&W and am waiting for a response.

Pics

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
First I have seen that on a M&P.

Looks to be the opposite of some Glocks, they will be touching the slide.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats why I was surprised to see 3 M&P's with the same issue at the same shop!  All 3 were FDE frames.  The black one looked normal but it was already too late...the firearm was already transferred and I took it home.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 10:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine does that too. Hasn't been an issue.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Not an issue. At least from a reliabilty stand point.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent the pictures to S&W and they told me to send in the firearm for warranty repair service.  The rep said that it does not look like the slide is sitting on the frame properly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top