Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 10:33:59 PM EDT
OK. I wanted a 9MM handgun for many reasons. Being a fanatic of 1911's I was skeptical but I went for it. I wanted a new 9MM, so I debated between the Glock 17 and the Glock 19. I purchased a new G19 today, but it was sent to the FFL before the Ban expired, so I had to settle with the 2 10 rnd mags ($ 529 with tax). I really wanted the 15 rnders, but my FFL had none. Can I call Glock and ask them to send 2 15 rnders in exchange for the 2 10 rnders?? I plan on buying a few 33 rnd mags just for shits and giggles, but was curious if Glock might be a consumer friendly company .. ???

Anyway, I can't wait to go out to the range tomorrow and plink a bit..

Thanks -- VT
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:11:54 PM EDT
Don't count on them trading the mags for you, but if they do then good for Glock!!!

Since you got the G19...GET STANDARD CAPACITY MAGS FOR IT!!!!

The G19 is known to have jams with hollow point ammo with 10-round mags. I know, because I experienced it when I bought my G19 last summer before the ban ended. I'd get at least one jam per trip to the range. Not acceptable for my carry gun.

I got rid of the 10s, and replaced them with 3 15s and 2 17s. NEVER a jam after well over 1500 rounds through the gun with standard-cap mags.

Enjoy your Glock and shoot safe! The G19 is great!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:37:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jaltered:
Don't count on them trading the mags for you, but if they do then good for Glock!!!

Since you got the G19...GET STANDARD CAPACITY MAGS FOR IT!!!!

The G19 is known to have jams with hollow point ammo with 10-round mags. I know, because I experienced it when I bought my G19 last summer before the ban ended. I'd get at least one jam per trip to the range. Not acceptable for my carry gun.

I got rid of the 10s, and replaced them with 3 15s and 2 17s. NEVER a jam after well over 1500 rounds through the gun with standard-cap mags.

Enjoy your Glock and shoot safe! The G19 is great!

Thanks Jaltered, I will be picking up MANY mags in the days to come. I want my GLOCK 19 to join the "go- to" rank of my 1911's and my AR's..... w00t!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:20:16 AM EDT
I have it on good athority that botach has glock mags in stock. They are generally the cheapest.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:38:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 6:40:26 AM EDT by wildearp]
I just bought some from Top Glock yesterday.

I can get them cheaper from a wholesaler, but they have been out of stock and I am tired of waiting.

Botach is cheaper, dammit. Check stock first!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:24:12 AM EDT
That is high price on that G19...

A friend does whole sale and get those mags cheap, last 33rnd mags were 24 a piece..

I have the G17 and love it, works great no issues with any ammo.

John
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:02:18 PM EDT
I've never used HP ammo at the range. It's too expensive for plinking.

I never carry HP ammo in my G17 mags because they are unproven. The ammo I plink with is the same exact ammo I carry daily in my 17. I don't trust HP ammo to cycle reliably. Therefore, I'd have to pump a few extra rounds into a perp to achieve max damage.

You did well choosing the 19. Accuracy and reliabilty are both inherent in the G19.

Good luck getting Glock to replace your 10 round mags for free.

HS1
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:32:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By clubsoda22:
I have it on good athority that botach has glock mags in stock. They are generally the cheapest.

Don't you know that whole wars are fought on this board because someone utters the word Botach?

SBG
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:52:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ScaryBlackGuns:

Don't you know that whole wars are fought on this board because someone utters the word Botach?

SBG

BOTACH?BODOUCH they suck royal ****.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:22:12 PM EDT
Welcome aboard!!

I bought my G17 right before the ban ended. Couldn't see myself paying $80 a hicap mag during the ban. This is my 2nd 9mm pistol, 1st in a long time. I'm a die hard 1911 guy and own 4 1911's. Gotta say I love this 17. Ammo is cheap t shoot. I like to think of it as the 22lr of big bore handgun calibers.

When the ban ended I stocked up on LEO Glock 17rd used mags at $9.99 each from CDNN Investments.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:13:47 AM EDT
Nice pistol, I bought the G-17 as my first, going back next week for a 26. For mags, check out Fraser with Outdoorbrothers on the EE. He has them for $16.50 brand new. I have picked up several from him, and they are great.

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:13:59 PM EDT
Welcome to the glock club, just spend some cash and get at least a few more standard cap mags. I've got 5 -15 rounders, and I'll be adding more as my money allows.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:31:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PerryF:

Originally Posted By ScaryBlackGuns:

SBG

BOTACH?BODOUCH they suck royal ****.

Yes, the suck major ass, but if it's in stock they are good. I have it on good athority that they are in stock.
Top Top