Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 4:28:44 PM EDT
I just got a brand new Glock 21.  I put 100 rounds of wolf ammo through it and approximately 85 of those cases hit my face, head, or body.  A few cases went to the right as they should, but a few also went to the left.  Does anyone know what the problem may be.  I am thinking one of two things:

1.  New Gun, weak ammo....needs to be broken in and use some higher pressure ammo to push the slide back fast enough to correctly eject it.

2.  Bad ejector or extractor or both.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

PS - I am going to clean it up real good and try again with better ammo.  During this run it still had the gold lubricant crap glock puts in them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:37:14 PM EDT
Shoot some decent white box or UMC through it and report back.

I had a USP that would either send the brass back to my face or stove pipe until I ran a case of 124gr White Box through it.  Once it was broken in my ejection problems disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:54:56 PM EDT
It could have to do with the laquer coating on the Wolf ammo being a bit irregular in thickness around the rim of the case head.  
Also, see to make sure there is no debris under the extractor hook on the breach face.

The copper-like grease from GLOCK is supposed to stay on there for the first range session to help with the initial break in.  It can be a bit thick though and once you have done your initial cleaning and done the very sparing application of gun oil that GLOCK recommends you may find that things smooth out quite nicely.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:51:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2005 12:51:49 PM EDT by CommanderPoopyduX]
SUCCESS!

I ran 100 rounds of Winchester white box and had ZERO eject anywhere but right (right where they should) with several hanging in the six inch box on the wall.  I also put some winchester hollow poiints through it without a problem.  I will chalk it up to Wolf ammo being a problem.  I don't have anymore Wolf to test if the Winchester fixed the porblem or not, but either way the better works fine, so no more problems.

Thanks for the suggestions

PS - No more Wolf through my guns.

Now I just have to decide on a weapon light.......thinking SUrefire X200B, but the M3 is cheaper......
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:58:12 PM EDT

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:10:40 PM EDT
yeah wolf is bad news as far pistol ammo, good luck with the 21 ! consider getting the 400 corbon barrel its the best addition to my 21 i ever made.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:34:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Arsenal:
yeah wolf is bad news as far pistol ammo, good luck with the 21 ! consider getting the 400 corbon barrel its the best addition to my 21 i ever made.

More info please! Onlly shoots 400 Corbon ammo, I assume. Is that a hot round? still uses 21 mags? Any info is appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:57:47 PM EDT
its one hell of a round ! nice stopping power. Its 45 on a mega shot of roids :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:02:18 PM EDT
sorry yes it uses your 21 mags everything is the same except the barrel which is the nice part. The ammo is a little more spendy and harder to find.  400 corbons muzzel energy is rough , like a thousand pounds hiting you :) dont be caught in front of it. more like 875 but lets round to the nearest thousand :)
Top Top